Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
Hello,

Do you mean by there are some FPs? If yes, please send the files to virus@wisevector.com, we will analyze them one by one.
I send by program. Why I will send again? Hint you mark bad almost everything compiled by purebasic.com.
Program was interesting because of claims, and not bloating untill now.
Doesn't have endpoint future.
It is not registering to Windows.
Price is more than others.
I stop evaluate this.
I will continue with 360 for low end systems, and Kaspersky for high systems.

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
I'm tired of installing and tried heavy antivirus!
I installed WiseVector today, very lightweight and minimal and beautiful. Without any complexity, it was installed beautifully next to windows defender.:love:
question, is an optimizer wise care 365 for your company?
The firewall is this app next to Windows firewall or replaced?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I send by program. Why I will send again?
For double check and analyze.
It is not registering to Windows.
It's a truth at present. We keep in touch with a third party organization to prepare for the test and then WVSX will get registered.
Price is more than others.
WVSX is for free now.
I will continue with 360 for low end systems, and Kaspersky for high systems.
Please use AV the way you're used to. Try something new if you are interested in. It's all about what you want.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
The firewall is this app next to Windows firewall or replaced?
There is bunch of users on comodo forums that use comodo firewall along with wisevector, if interested

I have tried WVSX, and I'm positively surprised. I used Nod 32 before, but time will tell whether I keep WV. Until now I think it looks promising. Thanks for the software.
Reminds me of good times of zemana
I send by program. Why I will send again?
This is such downside of security software, reminds me of zemana that never bothered to fix them, but zemana was worse. Even comodo nowadays does send unregonized files to comodo and pretty fast marks them as safe / malicious

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for your positive feedback.
i think WV seem interesting, but for the time being, I go back to Nod 32. I have looked a little around the net, and although your product seem exciting, I don't think it gives same kind of protection as Nod 32. At least for the time being. Maybe in a combo with something else, I'm not sure. But it's an exciting security product.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I'd say that both give very good protection, and it's okay to run WV by itself. The main issue with WiseVector at the moment, is that it doesn't register in Windows Security Center, so Microsoft Defender won't be disabled.
It seems, that WV only missed some PUPs etc. I agree it's a good antimalware, and I will follow the rise of this new product with excitement. Regarding the missing registration in WSC is a bummer, but will hopefully get corrected soon. It's a great new product.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
it doesn't register in Windows Security Center, so Microsoft Defender won't be disabled.
On my production system I've now passed 12 months with the combination of CF + WD +WV2.73 without any issues or incompatibilities, and God Knows I've tried with great effort to infect a system so protected with no joy.

With regard to version 3 of WVSX, the user must determine if the addition of the FW and HIPS module are needed in the users current setup. With CF on board, no; but with just Windows Firewall, absolutely yes.

L

Local Host

On my production system I've now passed 12 months with the combination of CF + WD +WV2.73 without any issues or incompatibilities, and God Knows I've tried with great effort to infect a system so protected with no joy.

With regard to version 3 of WVSX, the user must determine if the addition of the FW and HIPS module are needed in the users current setup. With CF on board, no; but with just Windows Firewall, absolutely yes.
I disagree, is not for you nor anyone else to decide when a third-party Firewall is needed or not, is up to the user. I rather use Windows Firewall, which I have properly setup with read-only rights and all traffic blocked by default.

Before they added Firewall to WV there was only one drawback, it does not register on Windows Security Center, which means Windows Defender stays ON (which can be disabled manually, but still), if they force a custom Firewall install will just be another drawback.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
As I understand it the WV firewall can work as an extra layer to WIndows firewall it doesn't disable it. As to what posters can or cannot 'decide' I believe cruelsister expressed an OPINION which we can all decide to agree or disagree with... that's how forums work :)

I'd be interested in whether users are choosing to enable WV's document protection or not. I keep all my personal stuff away from the system/os partition and have chosen to protect those directories but editing any document in those protected folders is very noticeably slower even though the editing software is/are trusted applications.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

I installed today comodo internet security once again, thinking about pairing it with wisevector... i run on your cf settings and using the antivirus component just to register it on security center

I would run cf (cs) + wisevector if it only would register to security center

Another combo i have been thinking lately is huorong is with hips/firewall but low detection rate, would wisevector paired with huorong improve the detection rate enough?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I'd be interested in whether users are choosing to enable WV's document protection or not. I keep all my personal stuff away from the system/os partition and have chosen to protect those directories but editing any document in those protected folders is very noticeably slower even though the editing software is/are trusted applications.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what APP you are using to edit the document? Is the document very large?

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Sure I tried a few; WPS Office, Apache OpenOffice & Foxit PDF Reader (all latest versions) opening documents (spreadsheets, word docs & pdfs) which are pretty small 2-3mb on average. It may be that WVSX is learning as feature has only recently been enabled on my PC & these folders protected but just seems pretty laggy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.