Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi,
We tested. No significant change in the connection when WVSX is turned on or off.
Can you please try to download or upload a file to check the connection speed? Is there any noticeable difference when WVSX is turned on or off? Thanks!

Turn on WVSX
View attachment 264656
Turn off WVSX
View attachment 264658

Quite strange indeed.

The upload is not affected...
On the other hand the download is (tested on a Linux ISO, 115MB/s without Wisevector, 70MB/s with)

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

Yes, they can be used together. Voodooshield and WVSX work in different ways, so I don't have any suggestions.
Hi for three days now when using Voodooshield ,I keep getting no interent connection when voodoo scans ,but I do have internet and everything else is working.I am thinking it could be voodoo and wisevector don't like each other.Anyone else with voodoo and wisevector installed? Thks

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Bug: Disabling Web Protection, Firewall and Network Intrusion Detection, pressing OK, then going back into settings and re-enabling them causes the system to completely lock up, leaving you no choice but to manually shut your PC off by holding the power button, happens both on my host system and in a virtual machine.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi for three days now when using Voodooshield ,I keep getting no interent connection when voodoo scans ,but I do have internet and everything else is working.I am thinking it could be voodoo and wisevector don't like each other.Anyone else with voodoo and wisevector installed? Thks
Hi,
Can you please check the log and the rule of WVSX, did it block anything? Thanks.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@WiseVector:

Scenario details:
  • VMWare system with Win10 Pro 21H2 full updated.
  • Vipre AS installed, but r-t protection modules disabled -> also powered off (via own Shutdown setting).
  • WVSX 3.05, with all the settings disabled -> using it as Second Opinion Scanner in Hub tests.

Issues:

When I re-enable all the settings, it seems WVSX got a crash or a full GUI restart (don't know if by design, but I can't remember it in previous versions), and after that, still some settings not applied. I checked WVSX folder but no dumps generated, also logs are clean, no entries.

Also, after WVSX restarted You can see it is consuming high CPU during a while until I manually killed Edge Update service (🤢), then system gets stable 🤔

Here you are a link where You can watch/download the video: 69.75 MB file on MEGA

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Should user still download the new versions from Website? or it gets the upgrades to new versions from the installed version?
if not any plan to make it like other softwares so it can just upgrade itself by getting udpates?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Should user still download the new versions from Website? or it gets the upgrades to new versions from the installed version?
if not any plan to make it like other softwares so it can just upgrade itself by getting udpates?
Hi,
Yes, users need to download the latest version (V3.05) from the website at present. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Auto upgrade will be available in the near future.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector,
I am the one who has submitted several false positives to the ViseVector technical team by email.
I uploaded one of them onto VirusTotal, on which no antivirus utilities have flagged it as malicious.
See the results at www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6826cbaf778dffb9afeca34d3b073bc6781b852164c7c9dfc9d628abdd09e431?nocache=1
May I assume that your HIPS is too sensitive to scripts?
Hi,
You has submitted three FPs to us. Thanks.
This file is not flagged as malicious by WVSX static scanning and VT only does static detection.
We need to do further analysis on this file and will tell you the result by email.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi,
Did this issue occure when using WVSX V3.03?
Hi, No but not 100% sure on that .Thks ..
Ok this seems to be a voodoo problem and not a wisevector problem.I installed 2 other firewalls and have been testing ,still no internet connection for voodoo,I sent voodoo support an email.Thks

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento

Matthew Wai

Mar 11, 2022
We need to do further analysis on this file and will tell you the result by email.
Why not tell me the results here?
Also, I found the following fourth false positive.

Code:
For /f "tokens=*" %%# in ('PowerShell') Do (Exit)

If you copy the above line into a CMD script and run it, it will be detected as malware as shown below:

361897d1647008087t-wisevector-stopx-component-quarantine.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.