App Review WiseVector StopX v3.0.1 BETA

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello to all!
Under high demand, we will test the BETA version of WiseVector.
WARNING: WiseVector is rather a complement of antivirus than a full-fledged antivirus!

WiseVector is a very young Chinese company developing its security product, StopX.
It does not have a database but works with AI Machine Learning + Cloud.
In this BETA, WiseVector goes further by embedding a HIPS Behavior Blocker, a firewall and a web protection.

During the test, WiseVector held up very well, I admit to being quite shocked!
It stopped a large number of infections, even web filtering reactions!
At the end, some malware remnants are present, including 1 active one, but it can't talk to its C&C server, the firewall has denied it access.
It is recommendable, but I would advise you to couple it, for example with Microsoft Defender or another free antivirus to make it an ultra solid protection !

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : Not tested
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected + Webfilter)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by WiseVector IA)
Malware Pack : Remaining 751 files to 9161 malwares
Result :
- WiseVector : 0
- Zemana : 0
- Hitman Pro : 5
- McAfee : 9
- NPE : 6
- EEK : 6
- KVRT : 8

Request by @SecureKongo and 3 member (sorry I don't remember the nicknames :/ )

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Just some not active spawned malware... in MWTips Hub that would be a Not Clean verdict, but system Protected in essence...

WVSX 2.x has been tested in the past in Hub several times getting great results specially against very nasty malware, where other av products failed...

When WVSX get a stable release, I will give it a new try :)

Update: it would have been interesting to run a selective/on demand scan with WVSX over those system folders where inactive malware were spawned, I'm sure WVSX would have catched probably many of them...

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Just some not active spawned malware... in MWTips Hub that would be a Not Clean verdict, but system Protected in essence...

WVSX 2.x has been tested in the past in Hub several times getting great results specially against very nasty malware, where other av products failed...

When WVSX get a stable release, I will give it a new try :)

Update: it would have been interesting to run a selective/on demand scan with WVSX over those system folders where inactive malware were spawned, I'm sure WVSX would have catched probably many of them...

I think he could have seen them with the ML in aggressive.
I will make this setting in the final version :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I always tested VWSX in default (ML)... anyway recently (in the past year or so) I think They tweaked the on demand scanning (or in general) to get less FPs, that's why WVSX 2.x in the past catched more malware than now... probably the current High or Aggressive setting was similar to the previous -> Normal 🤔

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
1633689068601.png

Agressive Mode after execution

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Very disappointed, WV must improve.
Maybe WV is just tired, since Shadowra only tested other security software a few hundred samples, but for WV it have to face 9000+ :mad: just for kidding :giggle: .

According the test, there is actually only one active malware which has been blocked by the firewall, the rest should be inactive remnants. So I assume that the system is not actually compromised? Anyway we certainly need to improve the WV. Thanks Shadowra for the test, also thanks the members who requested it.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Maybe WV is just tired, since Shadowra only tested other security software a few hundred samples, but for WV it have to face 9000+ :mad: just for kidding :giggle: .

According the test, there is actually only one active malware which has been blocked by the firewall, the rest should be inactive remnants. So I assume that the system is not actually compromised? Anyway we certainly need to improve the WV. Thanks Shadowra for the test, also thanks the members who requested it.

With pleasure :)

Sorry for the 9000, but I got a VIP access, and I wanted to see if Wise was going to cash in... I hope I didn't burn your servers :D

Update : Only 1 Trojan yes but blocked by firewall

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for the tests, I'll take a look at the previous ones later.

That said, the WiseVector StopX results always put a smile on my face, it's really amazing to see such a small team outperforming products from companies with hundreds times more resources (human and financial) by a large margin.

The most impressive thing about WVSX is how it combines high detection rate with low false positive rate, it's easy to get the first one by sacrificing the second, but having the two together in an artificial intelligence program is something really to be proud about.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for the tests, I'll take a look at the previous ones later.

That said, the WiseVector StopX results always put a smile on my face, it's really amazing to see such a small team outperforming products from companies with hundreds times more resources (human and financial) by a large margin.

The most impressive thing about WVSX is how it combines high detection rate with low false positive rate, it's easy to get the first one by sacrificing the second, but having the two together in an artificial intelligence program is something really to be proud about.
It does have high false positives for people who use piracy applications
For normal usage it is indeed low

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.