From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Request:

A setting that will completely end X-Sec Malware Scanner when I close it. Right now when I close X-Sec it will reside in the taskbar until I manually close it, or switch off my computer?
Hello, after code review, I also addressed a issue related with closing program, it will be fixed in the next version
Thank you for your feedback!

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.1.2.0 Release Note

ADDED
New option in setting page

IMPROVED
Optimize scan speed
Update X-Sec Antivirus Engine Module
Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module

FIXED
Bug in X-Sec Malware Scanner Main UI

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
How much improvement can we expect? I am asking because you put that in almost every changelog 😉
I haven't used it for a while now just because of slow scan speed.
I haven't tested it before, but I did some optimization indeed
For example, code re-factor, and limit file type for specific scan engine(by improving file format identify module)
Maybe I can provide more options in the future, such as disable installer unpack, max file size to scan, etc

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Did a little test by scanning a folder (~65 GB) full of game assets like photos, animations, scripts, executables, dlls, etc.
Kaspersky scanned the entire folder in 12 minutes, while X-sec couldn't complete the scan in 1.5 hours, I had to stop the scan at 20%.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Did a little test by scanning a folder (~65 GB) full of game assets like photos, animations, scripts, executables, dlls, etc.
Kaspersky scanned the entire folder in 12 minutes, while X-sec couldn't complete the scan in 1.5 hours, I had to stop the scan at 20%.
Hi @xywcloud

Any infos about this available and what did you need fromus. I have the same problem

Mops21

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.2.0.0 Release Note

ADDED
German language support

IMPROVED
Update X-Sec Antivirus Engine Module
Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module

FIXED
Bug in X-Sec Antivirus Engine
Bugs in X-Sec Malware Scanner Main UI

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Eset Internet Security reports
X_sec_malware_scanner_64 \ xave \ xavestk.dll as a x_sec_malware_scanner_64ariante from Win64/Packed./VMPROTECT.ac suspicious file
X_sec_malware_scanner_64 \ xave \ xaveheur.dll as a x_sec_malware_scanner_64ariante from Win64/Packed./VMPROTECT.AC suspect file

Were submitted for analysis
Justification false alarm
Wait for an answer

LennyFox

Level 6
Jan 18, 2024
First thought, deep bow and hat off for someone making a malware scanner 👏👏👏

Second thought: with so much competition in the AV-industry targeting Windows, home users have you ever thought of porting your scanner to Linux?
The number of Linux desktop home users is only a fraction compared to Windows and iOS, but ... to my knowledge only ClamAV is available for home user Linux desktops, so way less competition to deal with.

Last edited:

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Eset Internet Security reports
X_sec_malware_scanner_64 \ xave \ xavestk.dll as a x_sec_malware_scanner_64ariante from Win64/Packed./VMPROTECT.ac suspicious file
X_sec_malware_scanner_64 \ xave \ xaveheur.dll as a x_sec_malware_scanner_64ariante from Win64/Packed./VMPROTECT.AC suspect file

Were submitted for analysis
Justification false alarm
Wait for an answer
The problems with Eset remain, no reply received so far.

At Virustotal
Bkav Pro W32.Common.6F671962
DeepInstinct MALICIOUS
ESET-NOD32 A Variant Of Win64/Packed.VMProtect.AC Suspicious
Fortinet PossibleThreat.PALLAS.H
Gridinsoft (no cloud)Trojan.Heur!.022120A2
SecureAge Malicious
Skyhigh (SWG) BehavesLike.Win64.Generic.tc
Xcitium ApplicUnwnt@#1odo3c17mq78e

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.