Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.0.0.6 Release Note

IMPROVED
Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module

FIXED
Bug in X-Sec Malware Scanner Main UI

Is it normal for the analysis to be very slow?
On a virtual machine, it took over 1 hour...
And it should also be set to Delete by default because it's on Ignore....

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,
Maybe you can provide some file hashes to me for check(if I can find it on VirusTotal and scan it costs lots of time)
I removed local signature for X-Sec Antivirus Engine, so first scan of a computer may cost much more time than before, but next scan it will use scan cache and become faster
As for default action, it will be changed if FP rate is low enough :)

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Even on a real machine, it is extremely slow. It doesn't consume any system resources but still very slow.

For the test I selected to check the whole C:\ folder and after 2:35 hours it was still at 1%, and I cancelled the check lol.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Even on a real machine, it is extremely slow. It doesn't consume any system resources but still very slow.

For the test I selected to check the whole C:\ folder and after 2:35 hours it was still at 1%, and I cancelled the check lol.

Hello, thank you for your feedback!
I'll improve scan speed in the next version

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Earlier versions were blocked by DeepInstinct but the latest version is working fine. Scans take pretty long but it actually seems like a good 2nd opinion scanner. (y)

Screenshot 2023-08-13 135643.png

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I was playing around with settings and found the scans are slow only when Cloud engine is selected. I enabled all engines (even Heuristic engine) except the Cloud engine and scans are super-fast now compared to before.
X-Sec Cloud Engine will always enabled, Rising Cloud Engine can be disabled
Due to some reason, we can't use batch query for Rising Cloud Engine, so scan speed can be slow when a file need to scan with Rising Cloud Engine

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Earlier versions were blocked by DeepInstinct but the latest version is working fine. Scans take pretty long but it actually seems like a good 2nd opinion scanner. (y)
Lol, Almost 4 hours to complete. It seems the scanning speed is still too slow for my taste, but will give it a try. Probably will leave the program to scan during the night.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
X-Sec Cloud Engine will always enabled, Rising Cloud Engine can be disabled
Due to some reason, we can't use batch query for Rising Cloud Engine, so scan speed can be slow when a file need to scan with Rising Cloud Engine
Yeah, sorry I meant Rising Cloud Engine. How much detection capability we lose after disabling it?

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.1.1.0 Release Note

IMPROVED
Optimize scan speed
Update X-Sec Antivirus Engine Module
Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module

FIXED
Bugs in X-Sec Antivirus Engine

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Request:

A setting that will completely end X-Sec Malware Scanner when I close it. Right now when I close X-Sec it will reside in the taskbar until I manually close it, or switch off my computer?
At present, you can only exit X-Sec Malware Scanner from context menu of tray icon
Thank you for your feedback, related setting will be added in the future

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.