X-Sec Malware Scanner

X-Sec Malware Scanner 3.0.0.6 Release Note

IMPROVED
Update Rising Antivirus Engine Module

FIXED
Bug in X-Sec Malware Scanner Main UI

Is it normal for the analysis to be very slow?
On a virtual machine, it took over 1 hour...
And it should also be set to Delete by default because it's on Ignore....
 
Is it normal for the analysis to be very slow?
On a virtual machine, it took over 1 hour...
And it should also be set to Delete by default because it's on Ignore....
Hello,
Maybe you can provide some file hashes to me for check(if I can find it on VirusTotal and scan it costs lots of time)
I removed local signature for X-Sec Antivirus Engine, so first scan of a computer may cost much more time than before, but next scan it will use scan cache and become faster
As for default action, it will be changed if FP rate is low enough :)
 
Is it normal for the analysis to be very slow?
On a virtual machine, it took over 1 hour...
And it should also be set to Delete by default because it's on Ignore....
Even on a real machine, it is extremely slow. It doesn't consume any system resources but still very slow.

For the test I selected to check the whole C:\ folder and after 2:35 hours it was still at 1%, and I cancelled the check lol.

 
Even on a real machine, it is extremely slow. It doesn't consume any system resources but still very slow.

For the test I selected to check the whole C:\ folder and after 2:35 hours it was still at 1%, and I cancelled the check lol.

Hello, thank you for your feedback!
I'll improve scan speed in the next version
 
Earlier versions were blocked by DeepInstinct but the latest version is working fine. Scans take pretty long but it actually seems like a good 2nd opinion scanner. (y)

Screenshot 2023-08-13 135643.png
 
I was playing around with settings and found the scans are slow only when Cloud engine is selected. I enabled all engines (even Heuristic engine) except the Cloud engine and scans are super-fast now compared to before.
X-Sec Cloud Engine will always enabled, Rising Cloud Engine can be disabled
Due to some reason, we can't use batch query for Rising Cloud Engine, so scan speed can be slow when a file need to scan with Rising Cloud Engine
 
Request:

A setting that will completely end X-Sec Malware Scanner when I close it. Right now when I close X-Sec it will reside in the taskbar until I manually close it, or switch off my computer?
At present, you can only exit X-Sec Malware Scanner from context menu of tray icon
Thank you for your feedback, related setting will be added in the future
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top