From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

Sorry for not giving updates for a long time for Xvirus Anti-Malware 8 development. I'm still working hard to finish the new version. In the next couple of month I'll give you more updates but I can already confirm some things.

The new version will have:
  • New Anti-Malware engine made from scratch.
  • This new engine will include the new Xvirus AI engine that I've been working for the last year.
  • Will no longer require .NET Framework.
  • New UI. (sneakpeak - this is still in development, there may be changed until the final version)

Best regards!

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hello everyone,

Sorry for not giving updates for a long time for Xvirus Anti-Malware 8 development. I'm still working hard to finish the new version. In the next couple of month I'll give you more updates but I can already confirm some things.

The new version will have:
  • New Anti-Malware engine made from scratch.
  • This new engine will include the new Xvirus AI engine that I've been working for the last year.
  • Will no longer require .NET Framework.
  • New UI. (sneakpeak - this is still in development, there may be changed until the final version)

Best regards!
Thanks very much for the update.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I was wondering if this version will be much lighter than the current version? In the current version, I downloaded it the other day and when I was opening programs like web browser it was using 30-50% of my CPU, and when I use Avira which is my current AV it uses at most 10%. I was wondering if this is fairly common with some builds on people's computers? I have got 16 GB of RAM and Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.2GHz.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I was wondering if this version will be much lighter than the current version? In the current version, I downloaded it the other day and when I was opening programs like web browser it was using 30-50% of my CPU, and when I use Avira which is my current AV it uses at most 10%. I was wondering if this is fairly common with some builds on people's computers? I have got 16 GB of RAM and Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.2GHz.

The scanning engine is still not complete so i can't say for sure. But i hope i can get the cpu usage down.

On my intel i5 3210m laptop that i daily use the current version gets up to 20-30% when opening a new program, but i don't have many processes in background.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
opswat gives them a gold certification.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Only for the first start of a new program or every time for opening any app?

It would be interesting to see the tests of the current and the new version, it's a pity they are practically absent on Youtube.

The first time you open a new program is when it uses some cpu to scan it. If you open the same application again it won't scan it again.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
The first time you open a new program is when it uses some cpu to scan it. If you open the same application again it won't scan it again.

I’m curious..... if you do a complete scan when you install it, and it finds nothing, does it consider everything “safe”?
Meaning, it knows what not to continually keep scanning over and over.

Very interested in trying this on a spare desktop

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I’m curious..... if you do a complete scan when you install it, and it finds nothing, does it consider everything “safe”?
Meaning, it knows what not to continually keep scanning over and over.

Very interested in trying this on a spare desktop

When you install Xvirus there is a checkbox "Run initial scan" that will do that. After that scan if it does not find any threats all running processes at that time will be considered safe.

If you do a full scan the current version won't do that, but I'm working on something like this for the next version.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Because of a fire in OVH datacenters Xvirus cloud, signatures update server and website will be down until everything is fixed

So sorry to hear of this. Of course you want to know if it's suspicious. Gamemaker Rust hopefully has backups somewhere because the report says it was 100% impacted.

The statement by the Data Center in the article says reconstruction is already going forward but services will still be down for at least several days...

WOW. (lately, I've been having this thing about fire, right? What the heck?)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Looking for translators for the new refreshed Xvirus website. Send me a PM.

website.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.