App Review Xvirus Anti-Malware Free 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Since you have the intention to make people safer on the net, help people with the safety, it would be better to pull your Antimalware product back while working on the new one because it performs so badly. The inbuilt Ms Defender is very potent nowadays and your app is actually lowering peoples safety so that contradicts your initial intention. Have your ever thought about this situation?

Because you have worked on the new project for years and it actually is near release you must have a Beta version, a version you can post here and then get help with testing it, finding bugs. As you can see in thread there are a lot of interest so there will be many that wants to help out with the testing. That would speed up things and benefit your work. What do you say?

Where is this site that you say is - Live? When i search the net i see, and come to, the same site, exactly, as a couple of years ago

If i would buy one of your apps do you have the time to give the supposed support for it or are you to busy with development? True and fair question, no sarcasm.

1 - Using xvirus will never lower your security because it was made to run alongside your AntiVirus software, like malware bytes, not alone. (Of course in the test it will run alone because the point is to see how it behaves)

2 - I always posted all the beta version on this forum to get feedback since i joined, which was many years ago. I am very thankful for all the staff and members of MT for the help and support. This new version will be no diferent.

3 - The website is "xvirus.net" one. Altough it make look similar because i used the same logo and backgrounds. It was completely remade from scratch to be faster and safer. The old one used JQuery, the new one uses Angular. If you want use the way back machine open chrome dev tools and you can see the code is diferent.

4 - You are saying it's a scam but I offer a free version with all of the features a user might need with no "scammy" ads or "scare banners" something most other security companies can't say:
- i don't ask for pay to remove malware you found (hitman pro does)
- I dont ask for pay to use real time protection (malware bytes does)
- I dont show ads in the UI (avira does)
- I don't have toolbars or bundleware instaled by default on the installer (avast does)
- I don't sell your data to third parties (many do)
- I dont show "scare" banners for you to upgrade to pro (norton does)

All I ask is for financial support to pay for running expenses and for the time i invest in developing and maintaining it.

I hope that answers all your questions.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

opps

extension://ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee/app/eventpages/block.html?referrer=null&url=http%3A%2F%2Fxvirus.net%2F&host=xvirus.net&type=malware&subtype=trojan&tabId=45&filename=undefined

Website blocked due to trojan​

Website blocked: xvirus.net

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.​

We strongly recommend you do not continue.​

GO BACK
CONTINUE TO SITE
Tooltip icon

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
1 - Using xvirus will never lower your security because it was made to run alongside your AntiVirus software, like malware bytes, not alone. (Of course in the test it will run alone because the point is to see how it behaves)

2 - I always posted all the beta version on this forum to get feedback since i joined, which was many years ago. I am very thankful for all the staff and members of MT for the help and support. This new version will be no diferent.

3 - The website is "xvirus.net" one. Altough it make look similar because i used the same logo and backgrounds. It was completely remade from scratch to be faster and safer. The old one used JQuery, the new one uses Angular. If you want use the way back machine open chrome dev tools and you can see the code is diferent.

4 - You are saying it's a scam but I offer a free version with all of the features a user might need with no "scammy" ads or "scare banners" something most other security companies can't say:
- i don't ask for pay to remove malware you found (hitman pro does)
- I dont ask for pay to use real time protection (malware bytes does)
- I dont show ads in the UI (avira does)
- I don't have toolbars or bundleware instaled by default on the installer (avast does)
- I don't sell your data to third parties (many do)
- I dont show "scare" banners for you to upgrade to pro (norton does)

All I ask is for financial support to pay for running expenses and for the time i invest in developing and maintaining it.

I hope that answers all your questions.
1. You dont know if it lowers the safety, for sure. You do not have the time to maintane the antimalware product which one understands because of the lack of a new version during these years and your surprise as to why the product did not stop an item in the test. The security landscape has changed a lot recent years and you obviously has not keept up to it by testing your product in relation to that. So potential conflicts you do not know if they exists.

2. Posted Beta - is past tense, the former product. I meant now. You have not posted any Beta latly regarding this new product. So i guess the answer to that question is that there is none to post, none for us to help you out with?

3. OK. Well i am presumptious enough to think that it would be about the new product(s) to at least some degree

4. Anything one want a lot of money for and it actually is pretty bad, yes, i consider that a scam. Whomever is the author. Bitdefender i can get right now for about the same price as your product and that one is first class. And so it has been for some years now, that one can get top notch products for the same price as yours. But they maintain their products, you do not. No update to the antimalware product for years and, see item #1 above.

No, that did not answer my questions! You missed the one about support.
But i can answer it for you; i posed 2 support question some years ago, 2 friends of mine did one each, none of us has still not got an answer. I am presumptuous enough to think that that probably has happened to others.

If you can not handle and maintain an app you run a business with, better not have it at all otherwise then for personal purposes. You would be better of seeking employment at a company where your know-how could be fullfilled then trying to run one yourself. You are obviously not professional enough to do it.

A final question out of curiosity, the test that Shadowra did, are you going to post that on the site so people can see how it performs like other AM products do? If not, why not?

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
1. You dont know if it lowers the safety, for sure. You do not have the time to maintane the antimalware product which one understands because of the lack of a new version during these years and your surprise as to why the product did not stop an item in the test. The security landscape has changed a lot recent years and you obviously has not keept up to it by testing your product in relation to that. So potential conflicts you do not know if they exists.

2. Posted Beta - is past tense, the former product. I meant now. You have not posted any Beta latly regarding this new product. So i guess the answer to that question is that there is none to post, none for us to help you out with?

3. OK. Well i am presumptious enough to think that it would be about the new product(s) to at least some degree

4. Anything one want a lot of money for and it actually is pretty bad, yes, i consider that a scam. Whomever is the author. Bitdefender i can get right now for about the same price as your product and that one is first class. And so it has been for some years now, that one can get top notch products for the same price as yours. But they maintain their products, you do not. No update to the antimalware product for years and, see item #1 above.

But i can answer it for you; i posed 2 support question some years ago, 2 friends of mine did one each, none of us has still not got an answer. I am presumptuous enough to think that that probably has happened to others.

If you can not handle and maintain an app you run a business with, better not have it at all otherwise then for personal purposes. You would be better of seeking employment at a company where your know-how could be fullfilled then trying to run one yourself. You are obviously not professional enough to do it.

A final question out of curiosity, the test that Shadowra did, are you going to post that on the site so people can see how it performs like other AM products do? If not, why not?

The reason of the test is, I remind it, to evaluate the product, but also to report the bugs or others to improve.

Already, there were no connection problems. The VM has a VPN, but I have fiber optic, and my connection is very good (1Gbps).

Then, as I remind it again, an interceptor developed in VB.Net doesn't help :/
I hope that the new version will be at least in C or C++ which will help a lot Xvirus :)

After all, there's no need for Xvirus Bashing. You pointed out Bitdefender, but look how many they are to make the engine!
And still, they have flaws (like any antivirus, none is 100% effective I remind) .

Xvirus, it is alone.
I would like to have @LeMinhThanh 's opinion, as he has an antimalware project :) (that I will test again in early 2022 )

I forgot: No editor displays my tests. The only ones who did it are Voodooshield and LMT (when I had my old channel, they are not on the new one) and I thank them for it.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Last time i check Xvirus antimalware don't disable defender...so defender will keep working.. posting this i will do the math for u:

1 defender alone equals to 1 antimalware measure - 1+0=1

1 defender plus xvirus equals to 2 antimalware measure's . 1+1= 2

So no lower defense on this...in the worst scenario it can equals to the same level of protection never less.

And sorry to say, but sounds like u have a personal thing against the product and the developer.

and i never so xvirus saying that it will have 100% malware detection rate.

So again, think before u type, because right now u making defamatory claims, and that's not good, no one is forcing anyone to use this product... chill dude... "Symantec" also claims that it will protect u from malware, and ppl get infected anyway for example...there is no bulletproof solution, keep that in mind

**with this i rest my case with u.. have a nice and safe day**

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Symantec" also claims that it will protect u for antimalware, and ppl get infected anyway for example...there is no bulletproof solution, keep that in mind

This is regularly the mistake I see at work, or in training with novices.
Antivirus is a whole marketing market, "excellent" here, "invincible" there etc. .....
Even in my tests, I'm careful with the words I use, since 100% security does not exist (except Comodo, but refusing all HIPS alerts :D ^^ )

A comparison that one of my teachers told me: Security is like door locks. You can invent the best lock, you will always have someone to invent the best key, it's a cat and mouse game ;)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014

Xvirus is still being support with database updates, cloud protection and the development is still on going.

Yes, I have a full time job at a multi national company, thank you for your worrying.

No, I'm not posting the review on the main website that's what forums like MT and blogs are for, to discuss and get feedback on how a product works. (you gave the example of Bitdefender, I don't see any YouTube reviews on their website as well).

I can see when someone is just being stubborn, so this will be my last reply to you.

Have a nice day.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
This is regularly the mistake I see at work, or in training with novices.
Antivirus is a whole marketing market, "excellent" here, "invincible" there etc. .....
Even in my tests, I'm careful with the words I use, since 100% security does not exist (except Comodo, but refusing all HIPS alerts :D ^^ )

A comparison that one of my teachers told me: Security is like door locks. You can invent the best lock, you will always have someone to invent the best key, it's a cat and mouse game ;)

The only 100% way to not get computer malware is to not have a computer in the first place :LOL:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
opps

extension://ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee/app/eventpages/block.html?referrer=null&url=http%3A%2F%2Fxvirus.net%2F&host=xvirus.net&type=malware&subtype=trojan&tabId=45&filename=undefined

Website blocked due to trojan​

Website blocked: xvirus.net

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.​

We strongly recommend you do not continue.​

GO BACK
CONTINUE TO SITE
Tooltip icon

I already have summited FP report on their forum and it seems to be back :cautious:

I'll submit the FP again.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Xvirus is still being support with database updates, cloud protection and the development is still on going.

Yes, I have a full time job at a multi national company, thank you for your worrying.

No, I'm not posting the review on the main website that's what forums like MT and blogs are for, to discuss and get feedback on how a product works. (you gave the example of Bitdefender, I don't see any YouTube reviews on their website as well).

I can see when someone is just being stubborn, so this will be my last reply to you.

Have a nice day.

So you think you are a serious business man when you want more then 20dollars for something that has not been maintained and developed during 4 years?! Had this been in the real world you would have been liable for being sued for selling things and promise support without doing it, but since this is the net, wild west, well, here people can get away with anything.

Worried about your work? what kind of unserious remark is that!? There exists developers that does a good job with their apps AND, has a day job and even family to take care of. Behind HiBit unistaller and LMT Am are 2 individuals that does a professional job from the beginnig to the end. Communicating and informing continuously. My point was, which was very clear, that since you can not you should do something else where your can, for your own sake. Your dignity and moral should be more worth than this.

The conclusion is; we have very different view on responsibility and responsible behaviour

Lastly, i say as you, have a nice day.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I used XVirus for a year or so & had an issue with the program looking for an internet connection then baulking because it couldn't find one on boot (actually partially caused by a VPN) I contacted Dani & it was sorted quickly with an alternative .exe - My only experience with Dani was good (my 10 pence worth) :)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Please tell more about it :)

Occasionally, YouTube does not apply the custom thumbnail.
Or my upload is too big and YouTube servers are not good 😅

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.