Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 003217.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 003217.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 72

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It sounds like you're having trouble. Could you please provide more details about the issues you're experiencing? It'll be easier to help then.

Upvote 0

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Along with the above, have you installed a new app recently, or did something recently update? In Task Manager/Startup apps, disable all the non Microsoft apps you can, especially the ones that show high startup impact. Restart your notebook and see if it helps, if it does, enable the apps 2 at a time until you find out which one may be causing the issue. Check Task Manager for any app using high CPU.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
You might need a new CPU cooler or a replacement laptop. Check for high CPU usage, and if needed use a undervolting tutorial. This will violate warranty, but will decrease temps a decent amount.

What CPU do you have? What about the cooler (if you know). Since itā€™s a laptop try increasing airflow as well.

Upvote 0

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
I guess it was one of your first choices. The first thing I do when the processor reaches high temperatures during normal use is check the cooling.

If you have never replaced the paste that sits between the processor and extractor, it is wise to do so. Cleaning the processor fan is also necessary. I check the correct placement of the fan on the processor, I have seen loose fans, literally floating on the processor.

In the case of liquid-cooled equipment, I have also seen that some users forget to check the level.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.