Advice Request YogaDNS best alternative

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I've been using YogaDNS since it was free
and have stuck with the latest stable version that doesn't require a purchase.

What would be in your opinion the best alternative to replace it?
Something that is easy to use and that can easily switch between DNS servers.

...if there is any

Reactions: Pixelman

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
It is still free for basic use (1 DNS server / 2 rules maximum) which is enough if you want to use NextDNS for example.
But I believe there is another limitation which is the use of the product as a Windows service. I'm not sure what is that and what it is good for.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
It is still free for basic use (1 DNS server / 2 rules maximum) which is enough if you want to use NextDNS for example.
I allready know that, but sometimes i was unable to switch between them.....and when i was trying to delete (say NextDNS) and replace with CleanBrowsing
It didn't let me, that I had to buy to use more than 2 DNS servers.....wth...I was already only with the default server.....
Maybe it was a bug...i don't know....

Reactions: Mystic

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
There are a couple of them, such as SimpleDNSCrypt or Acrylic DNS Proxy. But honestly, unless you have Windows 11 or AdGuard for Windows, just use YogaDNS. You won't find "better."
Yeah honestly get the AdGuard for windows when they run their 80% off lifetime deals. I have like 8 lifetime lic because of those deals and I have setup my parents mobile devices with them in order to prevent any stupid click through scams. I've had used AdGuard paid since 3017 no complaints

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.