Your Top 5 Best Antivirus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure if I replied to this. Here's my top 5 in no particular order, actually it's in alphabetical order. :D
  1. Avast Free Antivirus (custom install)
  2. AVG Free Antivirus (custom install)
  3. ESET Nod32 Antivirus
  4. Norton Antivirus 2014 / Norton Security 2015
  5. Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials
PS: It was difficult to choose between Avira and AVG, but in the end AVG got on the list.

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
1.Avast free
2.Windows 8 Defender
3.Eset
4.Maybe Avira free but I got dissapointed from the slowdowns it caused to MS Office and a couple things.
5.Kaspersky

but..
The list is not very meaningful as not all of us have the same PC's, same habits, or tried all AV's.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Honorable Mention: ChromatinfishLab Antivirus 2015 :D
1. ESET/Bitdefender
2. Avast
3. Emsisoft
4. Avira
5. Kaspersky

Worst AV ever: AVG Free Edition (Required License, All over the place, crashing, ads:mad:)
Runner-Up Worst AV ever: Microsoft Security Essentials
3rd Worst AV ever: Kaspersky (UI issues, lags, freezing)
Then Avira, Emsisoft, Avast, and Bitdefender/ESET, notice a pattern?o_O

Bitdefender is quite lightweight on my computer now suddenly! It deserves a ranking on my top 5.

I dont want to be the one to point out that although you have listed 5 in actual fact you have chosen 6.

I`m in no way a stickler for mathmatical accuracy but in this case even though the forward slash has been used I still feel that 5 is 5 and 6 is definately 6.

So I`m only going to choose one, Avira/Avast/Avg/AdAware/Agnitum....and any other AV beginning with an A.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
S

Sr. Normal

1 Qihoo
2 Eset
3 Bitdefender
4 Karpesky
5 Emsisoft

I dont want to be the one to point out that although you have listed 5 in actual fact you have chosen 6.

I`m in no way a stickler for mathmatical accuracy but in this case even though the forward slash has been used I still feel that 5 is 5 and 6 is definately 6.

So I`m only going to choose one, Avira/Avast/Avg/AdAware/Agnitum....and any other AV beginning with an A.

Regards Eck:)

ha ha , choice Ashampoo Antivirus :)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Overall >> ESET, no Hi Five! Or Windows Default security for.
U Might know the reason why.
Well I really found my Hi-Five,
>Kaspersky IS .............(Currently Using)
>ESET SS...................(Used Before)
>Emsisoft AM..............(Installed to my cousin PC, they are happy)
>Avast Free................(Installed to many customers, they are happy)
>Windows Defender.......(I was happy)

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
this is based on my experience:

1. Kaspersky
2. Bitdefender
3. Eset
4. AVG/Avast - anyone
5. Norton

Qihoo is very good but it´s not very concistence yet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.