Assigned Zemana Assistance Thread

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 77207

I have noticed that Zemana Antilogger flagged Notepad++ as suspicious item and quarantined it. This is pretty strange since I'm using Notepad++ with Zemana for years. I'm using latest Notepad++ version with Zemana Antiloger 2.0 with latest update files.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I have noticed that Zemana Antilogger flagged Notepad++ as suspicious item and quarantined it. This is pretty strange since I'm using Notepad++ with Zemana for years. I'm using latest Notepad++ version with Zemana Antiloger 2.0 with latest update files.
Hello, did you download Notepad++ from the official website? Which version of Notepad++ you have? Also, could you please post a screenshot of the detection?

However if you will have others false positives in future please use this thread: Zemana False Positive Report Thread

Thank you.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Sorry, I missed "latest version of Notepad++" part of your post, however could you please post a screenshot of the detection here: Zemana False Positive Report Thread Thank you :)

miketan77

Level 3
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Hi, I have downloaded VeePNInstaller from official website. After I scan Zemana AntiLogger, detect the file as Adware:Win32/AutoBulk.d5915d!Ep.

Is it safe?

I have sent the file to virustotal.com, it shows no engines detected this file.

Please advice, thank you.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hi, I have downloaded VeePNInstaller from official website. After I scan Zemana AntiLogger, detect the file as Adware:Win32/AutoBulk.d5915d!Ep.
View attachment 215232

Is it safe?

I have sent the file to virustotal.com, it shows no engines detected this file.

Please advice, thank you.
Yes, I would say it is safe. It could have some adware that it may ask you if you want to install, but it is most likely nothing dangerous.

boakoms

Jun 23, 2019
Hello,

Using W10. It started with opening random ads pop-ups and then even opening browser with multiple taps.
This virus or pip (whatever it is) wont let me using and antimalware software on windows except Zemana Anti Malware however i started windows in safe mode and scan with malwarebytes and clean everyting it found. Now i have no popups or browser opening but i still cant use antimalware softare or even go their website (computer froze when i try to do that) .
After a scan with zemana anti malware it found threats 'Hollow Process on Svc Host and 1 other ' and 'Hijack at Eternet'. When i press repair it says repaired but nothing changes, another scan and they are there.
FRST files attached.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    72.4 KB · Views: 399
  • Addition.txt
    106.2 KB · Views: 550

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello,

Using W10. It started with opening random ads pop-ups and then even opening browser with multiple taps.
This virus or pip (whatever it is) wont let me using and antimalware software on windows except Zemana Anti Malware however i started windows in safe mode and scan with malwarebytes and clean everyting it found. Now i have no popups or browser opening but i still cant use antimalware softare or even go their website (computer froze when i try to do that) .
After a scan with zemana anti malware it found threats 'Hollow Process on Svc Host and 1 other ' and 'Hijack at Eternet'. When i press repair it says repaired but nothing changes, another scan and they are there.
FRST files attached.
Hello, thank you, I will post here the fix.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@boakoms
Please download the attached fixlist.txt file, save it where you have FRST tool and click on "Fix". After the fix the file Fixlog.txt should be generated please post it in your next post.
Please uninstall AddDeskModule (go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstall it).
Also, in Internet Explorer you visited hxxp://emnisoft.com, do you recognize it?

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 350

boakoms

Jun 23, 2019
Hey,

I just able to do it and it worked like a charm. I am able to open antimalware websites and For to be sure i make a scan using Zemana Anti Malware and it didnt find anything.
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards.

@boakoms obviously you have to open FRST tool as administrator and click on Fix, after you downloaded fixlist.txt file and saved it where you have FRST tool. Thank you.

Reactions: oldschool

boakoms

Jun 23, 2019
Hello,
i did also uninstall AddDeskModule (since it wasnt my computer, i thought it is some services of autodesk , make a bit search after you said uninstall it realize it isnt.)

-Also, in Internet Explorer you visited hxxp://emnisoft.com, do you recognize it? -

I was searching for antimalware then i bumped in this website, but i realize that it is a scam.

i will add fixlog.txt when i get home.

Thanks again.

Great, could you please post here Fixlog.txt? Thank you.
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.