Zero Trust (Solution Vote)

Preference of Zero Trust solution

• Total voters
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

:) I use three layers of whitelist execution approaches all from Microsoft build in on my Windows10 Pro

1. For all folders and all users: Microsoft Defender on MAX (using cloud whitelist)
2. For all users in user folders: WDAC allowing only Microsoft signed plus Syncback free signed
3. For standard users in user folders: SRP deny execute (always running SUA)

Additionally the Protected Folders option is a disk acces whitelist protecting all user folders.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your insights and opinions, it's one of the things that keeps VS going ;). BTW, we are upgrading our servers and they will be ready soon, so WLC and other features will be even faster soon!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Voodooshield for sure is excellent & light (long-time user); however, I'm currently "evaluating" AppGuard v6.7 and its Activity Log is informative (to me) about what is going on under the hood. I am told that VS & AG can run together without conflict, but goal is to securely minimize. For me, VS is first pick set it and forget it, or seemed that way as my understanding developed along with using VS over the years. AG for me is more of a learning experience, or perhaps harder to learn, or rather more "stuff" to learn...?? But learning is a good thing. :unsure:

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I use Windows10 and vote for H_C/Hard Configurator and it has never let me down so far and the developer of this software deserves great credit.
however, VS is also a very good and noteworthy program and the programmer of this software is active and I really appreciate his work.
but my vote is H_C because I've been using it for quite a long time and I don't have any problem with it.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Voodooshield for sure is excellent & light (long-time user); however, I'm currently "evaluating" AppGuard v6.7 and its Activity Log is informative (to me) about what is going on under the hood. I am told that VS & AG can run together without conflict, but goal is to securely minimize. For me, VS is first pick set it and forget it, or seemed that way as my understanding developed along with using VS over the years. AG for me is more of a learning experience, or perhaps harder to learn, or rather more "stuff" to learn...?? But learning is a good thing. :unsure:
When you are on Windows 10 or on Windows 11 with SAC disabled, Simple Windows Hardening is an excellent addendum to VoodooShield (and SWH is set and forget). VoodooShield is excellent against and executables and good against scripts, using SWH blocks scripts in user folders, making them a great combo.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.