Zero Trust (Solution Vote)

Preference of Zero Trust solution

• Total voters

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
Users wouldn't necessarily be able to identify safe files either, which is one reason I don't use Cruel Comodo.
they have to rely upon the comodo database, while not perfect it does a good job
the problem arises when a user thinks a sandboxed file is safe and decides to not run it in the sandbox but instead on their real system
a monkey can understand this simple rule - always run comodo sandboxed and never run it on the real system
oh look, no alerts, nothing to figure out, no having to respond to command line block alerts

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
Every single one of these statements is 100% false. You know it, I know it and all of the users on MT knows it.

Mods, please do not allow JT / hjlbx to spread false information.

malware with a stolen microsoft or legit comodo certificate sails right past voodooshield

put voodooshield into training mode on a previously infected machine and it is whitelisted

try harder dan, your product needs a lot of work

and who is JT \ hjlbx?

Reactions: Jack

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

malware with a stolen microsoft or legit comodo certificate sails right past voodooshield

put voodooshield into training mode on a previously infected machine and it is whitelisted

try harder dan, your product needs a lot of work

and who is JT \ hjlbx?

JT already knows this "bypass" is a hoax, but since he is unable to find a legitimate bypass, he has to resort to posting a fake bypass.

But so everyone will know... this "bypass" had nothing to do with certificates at all, so he is dead wrong there. What the "tester" Juan Diaz did was to compile a malware binary and analyze it with VirusTotal, knowing the all of the verdicts would be clean, then quickly ran and recorded his "test", before the VirusTotal results started reporting hits. In other words the entire test was fake and JT knows it.

Also, keep in mind this "test" was performed with VS on AutoPilot (and with VT, not WLC), and I have absolutely no problem admitting that AutoPilot mode can be bypassed. When we moved from VirusTotal to WhitelistCloud, bypassing AutoPilot became MUCH more difficult, so now VS is quite difficult to bypass when on AutoPilot mode, but it still is possible.

JT, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and create a legitimate bypass of VS and post it here on MT, with VS on AutoPilot. If it is legit, I will absolutely be the first to admit that you bypassed VS. Until then, I really wish you would let everyone else have a Merry Christmas, and you can continue being a Grinch.

"put voodooshield into training mode on a previously infected machine and it is whitelisted"? WLC does an AMAZING job of finding malware that would otherwise be automatically whitelisted, so this problem is solved as well. One of the best things we ever did was to move away from VT to WLC, hopefully everyone sees that now ;).

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
JT already knows this "bypass" is a hoax, but since he is unable to find a legitimate bypass, he has to resort to posting a fake bypass.
who is jt, you keep saying that over and over, but there is no jt here
But so everyone will know... this "bypass" had nothing to do with certificates at all, so he is dead wrong there. What the "tester" Juan Diaz did was to compile a malware binary and analyze it with VirusTotal, knowing the all of the verdicts would be clean, then quickly ran and recorded his "test", before the VirusTotal results started reporting hits. In other words the entire test was fake and JT knows it.
so everyone knows, it is not a fake test and danb knows it, every test that proves his product weakness he says the same thing "fake test, a hoax, not legitimate"
it is easy enough to compile a malware and then spray it at smb using voodooshield, eventually one of the users will select allow and there it is - breach
danb knows that there are malware bots out there that churn out polymorphically churn out malware and then spit it at targeted companies via email, he's just embarrassed
he also knows that voodooshield is susceptible to certificate attacks, others have tested and proven it so it is nothing new, again danb is just embarassed
you cannot prove the video wrong
Also, keep in mind this "test" was performed with VS on AutoPilot (and with VT, not WLC), and I have absolutely no problem admitting that AutoPilot mode can be bypassed. When we moved from VirusTotal to WhitelistCloud, bypassing AutoPilot became MUCH more difficult, so now VS is quite difficult to bypass when on AutoPilot mode, but it still is possible.
just has been proven many times, plus you have said many times that voodooshield is not 100%
you have not moved from vt, you still have a link in the file alerts that take the user to vt, you know danb it is highly unethical to use the signatures provided in virustotal when your promotion campaign is based almost entirely upon criticizing those very products
looks like the virus total tos requires a vendor that incorporates the service (even a link) to provide the service for free, ohp you no longer offer your product for free so you are violating virustotal's terms of service, i bet the virus total director will feel a certain way when they learn you are profiting from vt
JT, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and create a legitimate bypass of VS and post it here on MT, with VS on AutoPilot. If it is legit, I will absolutely be the first to admit that you bypassed VS. Until then, I really wish you would let everyone else have a Merry Christmas, and you can continue being a Grinch.
again who is jt?
people have already put their money where their mouth is and proven your product is bypassable, you have already admitted it many times on the public record
"put voodooshield into training mode on a previously infected machine and it is whitelisted"? WLC does an AMAZING job of finding malware that would otherwise be automatically whitelisted, so this problem is solved as well. One of the best things we ever did was to move away from VT to WLC, hopefully everyone sees that now ;).
again, it is not completely solved just like others have tested and proven, but your AMAZING response is very predictable

you have the freedom to criticize other products and their users, well be a grown up when you get called out on your bs, if you can dish it out then it can be thrown right back at yah
don't like it?, then you should stop doing it

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

?? IIRC @cruelsister's video(s) of comodo firewall with her suggested settings seemed to, or did, stop everything in its tracks, she promoted it, many of us used it, good videos kept on coming, and continue with videos from Shadowra, and others. the fun continues.
To be clear, i have nothing against cruel. Finding holes in security software is a good thing. and I know she loves me as i do her.
Using stolen certs for cert trusting programs is a common practice. and so, a home user does not need them added to appguards trusted list. just remove them.

Now about comodo. i have said this a thousand times and will say it again.
do any of you remember bo clean. Sorry my shift keys do not work.
Well, Kevin had many government contracts until they decided no security software will be allowed to touch the kernel. Well at the time, if you could not touch the kernel, you could not really provide adequate protection. and so Kevin and his lovely wife went job hunting and wound up working for comodo because of bo clean. Kevin and his wife got screwed over. me no likey. Kevin and i exchanged so many emails it was not funny. and so, to me, he was like a brother.
i will have to say, dan will do the same thing.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Changed my vote to H_C since focusing on using that this coming year.
I remember the BOClean story. As with any merge/takeover from one company to another, there'll always be casualties.

Anyway, zero trust is a hard one to find the best single solution for. I find multiple layers work best and using OS restrictions is a good starting point which is why I like Hard_Configurator but we use what works for us.

Reactions: simmerskool

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
who is jt, you keep saying that over and over, but there is no jt here

so everyone knows, it is not a fake test and danb knows it, every test that proves his product weakness he says the same thing "fake test, a hoax, not legitimate"
it is easy enough to compile a malware and then spray it at smb using voodooshield, eventually one of the users will select allow and there it is - breach
danb knows that there are malware bots out there that churn out polymorphically churn out malware and then spit it at targeted companies via email, he's just embarrassed
he also knows that voodooshield is susceptible to certificate attacks, others have tested and proven it so it is nothing new, again danb is just embarassed
you cannot prove the video wrong

just has been proven many times, plus you have said many times that voodooshield is not 100%
you have not moved from vt, you still have a link in the file alerts that take the user to vt, you know danb it is highly unethical to use the signatures provided in virustotal when your promotion campaign is based almost entirely upon criticizing those very products
looks like the virus total tos requires a vendor that incorporates the service (even a link) to provide the service for free, ohp you no longer offer your product for free so you are violating virustotal's terms of service, i bet the virus total director will feel a certain way when they learn you are profiting from vt

again who is jt?
people have already put their money where their mouth is and proven your product is bypassable, you have already admitted it many times on the public record

again, it is not completely solved just like others have tested and proven, but your AMAZING response is very predictable

you have the freedom to criticize other products and their users, well be a grown up when you get called out on your bs, if you can dish it out then it can be thrown right back at yah
don't like it?, then you should stop doing it
Mostly 100% false again.

First, VS has never and will never auto allow by digital signature alone. When on AutoPilot, VS relies on VoodooAi and WLC when determining if something should be auto allowed or not. When VS is not on AutoPilot, the file is going to be blocked either way. VS utilizes digital signatures mainly for file insight and user recommendations. Allowing by digital signature alone is very, very dangerous.

As far as VIrusTotal is concerned, VoodooAi was one of the very first modern ML/Ai engines that was built and released after Cylance made a splash. We offered VoodooAi to VT long before any of the other ML/Ai engines were willing to do so. So you are either lying or are misinformed, yet again.

You are the one that trashes security products and cyberstalks people for 5+ years, not me. The only two things I remember saying was that "SRP is dead" (which it was several months later), and that I am not a fan of allowing or blocking anything globally. I never trashed H_C or any of its variants, and in fact, I encouraged Andy to move away from SRP because I knew it was dying and that his products would be better suited to a more modern blocking mechanism.

If I have trashed a specific security product, please feel free to post it so I can either clarify or confirm my statement.

If VS is so easy to bypass, why don't you just bypass it and post the video? You can't even bypass VS when it is on AutoPilot, let alone when it is not on AutoPilot.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Absolutely no. "Zero trust" means zero so VS rather was listed by accident or lack of knowledge/experience or just to promote it. Looking at discussion isn't hard to think that this thread should have title "What app is the best and why VoodooShield?"
My point is that SS was not listed in the other polls, so to accuse the OP of lacking knowledge or experience is completely uncalled for.

VS is true Zero-Trust when it is in Always On Mode, and it is true Zero-Trust when it needs to be when it is in Smart Mode. VS is highly flexible and the user can choose which mode fits their needs best. Just because VS offers less aggressive modes and is flexible, that does not mean it is not Zero-Trust. And in fact, when VS toggles to ON, its Zero-Trust policies are more strict and robust than other products in the Zero-Trust category. That is one of the cool things about dynamic security postures... it allows VS to be super robust when it needs to be.

I am not promoting anything, I was simply thanking the users for understanding and appreciating VS. But at the same time, I am not going to let anyone post false information, without setting the record straight.

Users visit security forums to find accurate information about various security products. If a forum allows false information it is quite damaging to its credibility.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Seems Andrezj has got DanB started. Best response is (@danb), don't counter attack, just stick to factual info. When you go along with the nitty gritty "who said what" you are losing the audience (because we see two people in a heated emotional discussion). As a supplier it is hard when your product is put in a negative context with information whih is twisted to support the accusers cause, but in a PR and Marketing context it is better to stay away from reacting in detail

The post you provided with someone using MT-nicknames to attack you already convinced me (that your product is accused out of context). Keep on pointing to that bogus MT-nicknames on another website/social network. Randomly ask a MT-member whose nickname was used to publish bogis complaints whether they were the ones complaining or that someone else impersonated them. Their confirmation (it was not me posting that bogus review/complaint) is stronger than any emotional response by you.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Seems Andrezj has got DanB started. Best response is (@danb), don't counter attack, just stick to factual info. When you go along with the nitty gritty "who said what" you are losing the audience (because we see two people in a heated emotional discussion). As a supplier it is hard when your product is put in a negative context with information whih is twisted to support the accusers cause, but in a PR and Marketing context it is better to stay away from reacting in detail

The post you provided with someone using MT-nicknames to attack you already convinced me (that your product is accused out of context). Keep on pointing to that bogus MT-nicknames on another website/social network. Randomly ask a MT-member whose nickname was used to publish bogis complaints whether they were the ones complaining or that someone else impersonated them. Their confirmation (it was not me posting that bogus review/complaint) is stronger than any emotional response by you.
Thank you for the advice, I am trying to stick to the facts as much as possible. It amazes me that random accounts can post such drivel (as CS would say ;)), without it being removed.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Sorry to crash the VS love-in but I voted for "other solution" as in the mighty SecureAgePlus(free), very light, works on win7 to win10 and you get the universal av scanner and the Apex AI as well.

No BSOD`s but a few wee FP`s now and a gain but sure...😏

Regards Eck :)

Last edited:

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
Mostly 100% false again.
it is all true, but you certainly can try to prove everything that others said is false
As far as VIrusTotal is concerned, VoodooAi was one of the very first modern ML/Ai engines that was built and released after Cylance made a splash. We offered VoodooAi to VT long before any of the other ML/Ai engines were willing to do so. So you are either lying or are misinformed, yet again.
it does not matter if you offered voodooAi to vt, you still have a link to vt in your product which violates the vt terms of service, prove that it does not, post a screenshot of an authorization to incorporate it into your product
You are the one that trashes security products and cyberstalks people for 5+ years, not me.
then go to the police and get them to open a case
you can keep taking screenshots and collecting dossiers on people, you are not going to intimidate anybody
you keep taking shots at appguard and its users, a product that has never been marketed to consumers, call it a competitor when it is not
as long as you keep criticizing and spreading falsehoods or mischaracterizations about technologies such as srp, wdac, microsoft, appguard, norton and others, there will be a group of people that will be there to expose your mis-information and lies
The only two things I remember saying was that "SRP is dead" (which it was several months later), and that I am not a fan of allowing or blocking anything globally. I never trashed H_C or any of its variants, and in fact, I encouraged Andy to move away from SRP because I knew it was dying and that his products would be better suited to a more modern blocking mechanism.
oh please, the public record here shows you berating and ful about srp and for him to produce a kernel driver version of his freeware product, why would he do that? you started numerous attacks that eventually led to moderators locking the threads
If VS is so easy to bypass, why don't you just bypass it and post the video? You can't even bypass VS when it is on AutoPilot, let alone when it is not on AutoPilot.
do not need to, it has already been done by others, you can prove them wrong but we all know you cannot
If a forum allows false information it is quite damaging to its credibility.
grow up danb, if you want to keep on espousing your ideology and critisizing other products and saying your "product is superior in every way" (all based upon opinion polls) then you are going to get exactly what you do thrown right back into your face
you should stop before you really mess up and a company sues you

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
Users visit security forums to find accurate information about various security products. If a forum allows false information it is quite damaging to its credibility.
you have a 10+ year history of saying mis-leading and some utterly false things about products on forums
just look at your track record about appguard, you've mischaracterized it and implied nobody uses it, you dug up a "working at appguard" review by a disgruntled fired employee and then came here and rant posted "look see everybody, the appguard product is unsuccessful and the company is going under"
now how would you know what you are talking about without seeing the company's financials?
you did this 5 years after appguard left mt, so how creepy is that? who does that except someone who has some crazy obsession with a product that is not even their competition?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Changed my vote to H_C since focusing on using that this coming year.
I remember the BOClean story. As with any merge/takeover from one company to another, there'll always be casualties.

Anyway, zero trust is a hard one to find the best single solution for. I find multiple layers work best and using OS restrictions is a good starting point which is why I like Hard_Configurator but we use what works for us.
but i will not look the other way when it comes to comodo and i do use a multiple layer. I just use different ones than you do.

Reactions: Nevi and ErzCrz

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
To be clear, i have nothing against cruel. Finding holes in security software is a good thing. and I know she loves me as i do her.
Using stolen certs for cert trusting programs is a common practice. and so, a home user does not need them added to appguards trusted list. just remove them.

Now about comodo. i have said this a thousand times and will say it again.
do any of you remember bo clean. Sorry my shift keys do not work.
Well, Kevin had many government contracts until they decided no security software will be allowed to touch the kernel. Well at the time, if you could not touch the kernel, you could not really provide adequate protection. and so Kevin and his lovely wife went job hunting and wound up working for comodo because of bo clean. Kevin and his wife got screwed over. me no likey. Kevin and i exchanged so many emails it was not funny. and so, to me, he was like a brother.
i will have to say, dan will do the same thing.
yes, I used BOClean before Kevin went to comodo. Concur with your comments re this. I stopped using cruel comodo sometime ago for various reasons but not because malware got passed it. Enjoy the testing videos done at MT.

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
it is all true, but you certainly can try to prove everything that others said is false

it does not matter if you offered voodooAi to vt, you still have a link to vt in your product which violates the vt terms of service, prove that it does not, post a screenshot of an authorization to incorporate it into your product

then go to the police and get them to open a case
you can keep taking screenshots and collecting dossiers on people, you are not going to intimidate anybody
you keep taking shots at appguard and its users, a product that has never been marketed to consumers, call it a competitor when it is not
as long as you keep criticizing and spreading falsehoods or mischaracterizations about technologies such as srp, wdac, microsoft, appguard, norton and others, there will be a group of people that will be there to expose your mis-information and lies

oh please, the public record here shows you berating and ful about srp and for him to produce a kernel driver version of his freeware product, why would he do that? you started numerous attacks that eventually led to moderators locking the threads

do not need to, it has already been done by others, you can prove them wrong but we all know you cannot

grow up danb, if you want to keep on espousing your ideology and critisizing other products and saying your "product is superior in every way" (all based upon opinion polls) then you are going to get exactly what you do thrown right back into your face
you should stop before you really mess up and a company sues you
I have not had to block anyone before, but this is getting super old, so it is time to block you.

Merry Christmas JT, I genuinely hope you find you peace and happiness in the new year.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
you have a 10+ year history of saying mis-leading and some utterly false things about products on forums
just look at your track record about appguard, you've mischaracterized it and implied nobody uses it, you dug up a "working at appguard" review by a disgruntled fired employee and then came here and rant posted "look see everybody, the appguard product is unsuccessful and the company is going under"
now how would you know what you are talking about without seeing the company's financials?
you did this 5 years after appguard left mt, so how creepy is that? who does that except someone who has some crazy obsession with a product that is not even their competition?
Merry Christmas!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.