Zero Trust (Solution Vote)

Preference of Zero Trust solution

• Total voters

Victor M

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Does anybody know for sure what VoodooShield does? If it is an anti-executable, why does it keep such a short list in their Whitelist? Faronics Anti-Executable kseps the full system list of exe's and dll's,.You can see that in their UI.

And on VoodooShield's site, they say 'context is everything'. How on earth can you establish context. So while I was looking thru this forum, I chance upon a thread mentioning firewalls.So I decided to pull up my Windows Defender Firewall to check on something. How does Voodooshield know what I am about to do and allow Windows Defender Firewall to be started ? Seems like real voodoo to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manifestation

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Casting my vote for other:

Two years ago I made a decision that I will never have the ideal default-deny solution for Windows. The entire OS was swiss cheese. So I switched to ChromeOS at first and now I'm using macOS. Apple solved this issue with Monterey making the entire system default-deny... by default. Exploits like those on Windows are rarely possible and if found get fixed immediately. All system libraries are signed and check-sumed every time they run to be fully tamper-resistant.

If you have to stick to Windows, I would say get Kaspersky and configure their default-deny. It is by far the easiest to understand and configure. That way you know your system files and apps are not being tampered with and Kaspersky is sophisticated enough to recognize new attacks based on context.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Does anybody know for sure what VoodooShield does? If it is an anti-executable, why does it keep such a short list in their Whitelist? Faronics Anti-Executable kseps the full system list of exe's and dll's,.You can see that in their UI.

And on VoodooShield's site, they say 'context is everything'. How on earth can you establish context. So while I was looking thru this forum, I chance upon a thread mentioning firewalls.So I decided to pull up my Windows Defender Firewall to check on something. How does Voodooshield know what I am about to do and allow Windows Defender Firewall to be started ? Seems like real voodoo to me.
yes, somebody does know for sure what VS does and even how it does it. Gov't even gave him a patent. And it's light on system resources too. Many folks who try it, like it, those that don't use something else.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

Is that you JT?

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It looks if you feel accountable to members of this forum. In my opinion no need for that. It's just something what's playing between you and mr. X. It will in no way negatively impact my vision on your products.
Thank you, I appreciate that! It might mean that I have a conscience ;).

Joking aside, there is so much misinformation these days, it is important to set the record straight. For example, in the USA, both sides of the political aisle are guilty of spreading massive amounts of false information (one more than the other) and it is tearing this country apart. If only accurate information was presented, I would bet that 90% of people would be a total moderate like myself.

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022

Seems like after @Andrezj you will are going to get blocked next :D

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Inappropriate Behavior. Member banned from thread.
Now if you could just get anyone to use it, you would be golden ;).

Edit: This post seemed to upset 1-2 people should explain a little more of what I meant. For the last 2-3 years JT has been contacting numerous avid VS users through private messaging to see if they wanted a free license of his preferred software. Of the users that contacted me to let me know that he had been contacting numerous avid VS users, they all took JT up on his offer and tried his preferred software, but remain avid VS users.

So I literally meant... "Now if you (JT) could just convert anyone that you have approached with a free license, you would be golden ;)."

For the record, I have never contacted any avid fan of any software to see if I could convert them to VS. Something about it seems very shady to me.

The thing people need to understand about software, especially security software, is that no matter how good it is, or how good you think or other people think it is, there will always be use cases where other software simply fits better. No single company is going to capture 90% marketshare in the zero-trust space, and probably not even 50%. So companies should just live and let live, and appreciate that other people are developing cool new tech as well. I have never had an issue with AppGuard. My issue is JT stalking me for 5+ years.
Given that you take screenshots of everything, you need to supply proof that this JT has been contacting you giving away free licenses. Here's the thing, nobody except a small handful of people have access to AppGuard licenses and as a matter of policy we do not give out free licenses. So you are just plain lying.

Didn't AppGuard attorneys send you a letter because of your AppGuard bashing? Yeah, it did and you cannot deny it. This is what can be done, publish that letter publicly here at MalwareTips and on the open web. That way you will not be able to lie.

AppGuard is not trying to capture consumer market share. You are the one that keeps making references to AppGuard. AppGuard is not your competitor and there is nobody here trying to promote it over your product. It would behoove you to stop making any references to AppGuard and its users.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Given that you take screenshots of everything, you need to supply proof that this JT has been contacting you giving away free licenses. Here's the thing, nobody except a small handful of people have access to AppGuard licenses and as a matter of policy we do not give out free licenses. So you are just plain lying.

Didn't AppGuard attorneys send you a letter because of your AppGuard bashing? Yeah, it did and you cannot deny it. This is what can be done, publish that letter publicly here at MalwareTips and on the open web. That way you will not be able to lie.

AppGuard is not trying to capture consumer market share. You are the one that keeps making references to AppGuard. AppGuard is not your competitor and there is nobody here trying to promote it over your product. It would behoove you to stop making any references to AppGuard and its users.
"we do not give out free licenses"... hehehe, thank you for confirming you are indeed Jeff T.

I would be MORE than happy to post the ridiculous letter that your attorney, who did not do his due diligence, because otherwise he would have discovered that you are the one who has been stalking me for several years, not the other way around.

Let me check with my legal team and MT staff, and if they approve, I will be more than happy to post the letter from your attorney, so everyone can see just how ridiculous it truly is. As you are aware, I have literally several hundreds of pieces of evidence of you stalking me, as the entire MT user base is aware.

When I post the letter, I assume I need to post it in its entirety, which includes your full name. Do I have your permission to post the letter with your full name? Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I have evidence for several already, but whoever has received free license offers from JT, please send me a screenshot at support at voodooshield.com. Now I am curious how many users JT approached.

JT, are you not aware that everything is public record and that other people can easily search though MT and other forums to discover your creepy, incessant stalking? You are truly the only person who believes your cyberstalking and erradic behavior is somehow normal or acceptable.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey JT, this might be actually quicker... you have my absolute 100% full permission to post the ridiculous letter from your attorney, including my name and address.

Reactions: Trident and kC77

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hey JT, this might be actually quicker... you have my absolute 100% full permission to post the ridiculous letter from your attorney, including my name and address.
I don’t want to get involved in this. But please don’t do this.

Regardless of the reasons or situation, I don’t want anyone to be negatively affected.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.