Question ZoneAlarmNG Trial period?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thinking about seeing how ZoneAlarmNG runs on win10_VM and see link to download trial, but not seeing how long the trial period is, eg, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days... I was able to download its setup without a credit card, but haven't tried to install it yet, would rather know in advance how trial works. Thanks.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
There is a key for extended trial.

It will provide you with 6 months. Once you install ZoneAlarm, at the top of the UI click “activate” and paste (or even type) this key. You will see “Activation Successful” screen.
The trial banner at the bottom of the UI will disappear.

If you have never used Check Point and ZoneAlarm it will take a while to be “submerged” in their world. They do things a bit differently than many others.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
There is a key for extended trial.

It will provide you with 6 months. Once you install ZoneAlarm, at the top of the UI click “activate” and paste (or even type) this key. You will see “Activation Successful” screen.
The trial banner at the bottom of the UI will disappear.

If you have never used Check Point and ZoneAlarm it will take a while to be “submerged” in their world. They do things a bit differently than many others.
I did try ZA once upon a time. too long ago to be relevant now. My machine is in a cooling down phase after several hours chatting with MS techs trying to fix my windows firewall :ROFLMAO: fwiw, they couldn't fix it either! ...eventually they fixed it with in-place upgrade from an iso they downloaded... the one thing I had not tried :ROFLMAO:

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I did try ZA once upon a time. too long ago to be relevant now. My machine is in a cooling down phase after several hours chatting with MS techs trying to fix my windows firewall :ROFLMAO: fwiw, they couldn't fix it either! ...eventually they fixed it with in-place upgrade from an iso they downloaded... the one thing I had not tried :ROFLMAO:
You tried maybe when ForceField (local threat emulation) was just released. With the NextGen they ditched all that and made it a rebrand of Check Point Harmony. New features are added all time which makes the product look more like a work in progress. The recent anti-bot addition that inspects URLs reputation and blocks communication to C&Cs is quite welcome.

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
You tried maybe when ForceField (local threat emulation) was just released. With the NextGen they ditched all that and made it a rebrand of Check Point Harmony. New features are added all time which makes the product look more like a work in progress. The recent anti-bot addition that inspects URLs reputation and blocks communication to C&Cs is quite welcome.
Is the NextGen trial version really effective even though it is still being implemented? Will my PC be sufficiently protected by normal internet use?

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Is the NextGen trial version really effective even though it is still being implemented? Will my PC be sufficiently protected by normal internet use?
It will be protected for normal internet usage. Now with the anti-bot component it is quite effective in blocking data exfiltration and secondary payloads.

These resources are helpful.
Learn more about Check Point ML/AI

Learn more about NGAV

Learn more about threat emulation which also uses Bitdefender engine

Learn more about content disarm

Learn more about Check Point/Zone Alarm Anti-Ransomware

Learn more about Zero Phishing

Learn more about Anti-Bot

Learn more about ThreatCloud

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.