PERSONAL $2.99 PER MONTH
  • Apps for Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux, and Chrome OS
  • Unlimited passwords, items, and 1 GB document storage
  • Friendly 24/7 email support
  • 365 day item history to restore deleted passwords
  • Travel Mode to safely cross borders
  • Two-factor authentication for an extra layer of protection
FAMILIES $4.99 PER MONTH - Learn more | 1Password
  • Invite up to 5 guests for limited sharing. [& Invite more than 5 for $1 each]
  • Share passwords, credit cards, secure notes, and more
  • Manage what family members can see and do
  • Recover accounts for locked out family members

Advanced Protection for Business - Fortify your defenses with 1Password Advanced Protection | 1Password

How to Migrate from LastPass - Move your data from other applications to 1Password
1Password can import your Sites and Secure Notes from LastPass. When you import from LastPass:
  • Your LastPass sites will be converted into 1Password logins.
  • Secure Notes become different items depending on their type, like Bank Account, Driver License, or Secure Note.
  • Folders will be converted to tags.
  • Form Fills and documents will not be imported.

Get More Help

Last edited:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I haven't settled on a password manager myself yet. I tried Bitwarden and KeePassXC, Password Safe, and 1Password and somehow over time I just ended up defaulting back to my goldfish memory. Now I am trying to figure out with which to stick... Just can't make up my damm mind. :unsure:

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
As a user of 1Password along with other pretty well known password managers including Lastpass, Dashlane, Roboform and Bitwarden (all active subscriptions) I'd recommend this PM wholeheartedly. LP was my favourite till LogMeIn changed their T&Cs again this month :mad:. I'll be sticking with 1Password and Bitwarden. My Roboform subs expires mid '21 and will not be renewed. Dashlane is/was getting to be another rip-off at the revised price $60/year. Was seriously thinking of letting it go till I checked their website again which indicates they've had a rethink and gone back to their $39.99/year plan. Why the heck do these PMs cost this much?! I miss the $12/year Lastpass subscription. That was sweet!

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
As a user of 1Password along with other pretty well known password managers including Lastpass, Dashlane, Roboform and Bitwarden (all active subscriptions) I'd recommend this PM wholeheartedly. LP was my favourite till LogMeIn changed their T&Cs again this month :mad:. I'll be sticking with 1Password and Bitwarden. My Roboform subs expires mid '21 and will not be renewed. Dashlane is/was getting to be another rip-off at the revised price $60/year. Was seriously thinking of letting it go till I checked their website again which indicates they've had a rethink and gone back to their $39.99/year plan. Why the heck do these PMs cost this much?! I miss the $12/year Lastpass subscription. That was sweet!
What makes you use both Bitwarden (paid) and 1Password at the same time? Is there a certain functionality missing or done better for you?

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
What makes you use both Bitwarden (paid) and 1Password at the same time? Is there a certain functionality missing or done better for you?
BW started off as a pretty barebones PM when I first subscribed while 1P was more feature rich in comparison. But at $10/year BW is a no-brainer and being open source gives me that confidence about its security compared to 1Password which is closed source but regularly audited. 1Password also has very responsive and friendly support. It also works very well on my iPhone. BW is catching up in the feature race though.

The reason I have multiple password managers is only because I am wary of their business practices, as LMI/Lastpass shenanigans have shown, and can shift to another product in a jiffy.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I just purchased 1Password last night, a family plan for about $23 for the first year, after a 50% off coupon and cash back from Rakuten.

Within 2 hours, I uninstalled it and went to Bitwarden. The ONE tiny little thing that got me: Every time I close and reopen my browser, I have to re-enter my master password.

This is an inconvenience I just don't want to "deal with". My master password is a sentence. It's quite secure. I also live with my wife and my cats, and I trust them not to steal my passwords. Well, I don't trust my cats, but they're not a threat... Yet.

For ease of use, I want my browser extension to keep me logged in. It's not a huge request. Lastpass did this, Bitwarden does this. It's a real shame too, I liked 1Password a lot.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I just purchased 1Password last night, a family plan for about $23 for the first year, after a 50% off coupon and cash back from Rakuten.

Within 2 hours, I uninstalled it and went to Bitwarden. The ONE tiny little thing that got me: Every time I close and reopen my browser, I have to re-enter my master password.

This is an inconvenience I just don't want to "deal with". My master password is a sentence. It's quite secure. I also live with my wife and my cats, and I trust them not to steal my passwords. Well, I don't trust my cats, but they're not a threat... Yet.

For ease of use, I want my browser extension to keep me logged in. It's not a huge request. Lastpass did this, Bitwarden does this. It's a real shame too, I liked 1Password a lot.
I had the same experience when trailing 1Password. Went for Bitwarden family.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011

it proves that sometimes it is a waste of money for such programs.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

You nailed it perfectly.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
1Password is great on Apple systems simply because it utilizes all biometric features like TouchID or FaceID for things like unlocking the vault etc.
On Windows Bitwarden will be better choice since you don't have to pay extra for features you cannot use.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.