Advice Request 2017: Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

konkisko

Level 1
Verified
May 13, 2017
Also, I read somewhere how people, using VPN, which "Does not log" get caught. Most of the VPN providers rent the servers and do not own it, so police do not ask them to provide logs, but it asks the server owners to provide all necessary information. And they give it.

DarkJoney

Level 2
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Guys, question. Is Kaspersky Secure Conection could protect from data leak or session capture? We are having a public hotpot at my university, I am afraid to drop gmail and VK session there.

I am thinking about it, and I can't make a conclusion. It seems that all this VPNs are useless at the public hotspots...

Any ideas?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I would recommend EkspressVPN,i also have 3 other VPN programs,but EkspressVPN is rock solid.;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Guys, question. Is Kaspersky Secure Conection could protect from data leak or session capture? We are having a public hotpot at my university, I am afraid to drop gmail and VK session there.

I am thinking about it, and I can't make a conclusion. It seems that all this VPNs are useless at the public hotspots...

Any ideas?
Kaspersky Secure Connection is explained here

Secure Connection in Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

You can read here

Poll - Kaspersky Secure Connection - any good?

Q&A - Kaspersky Scan Secure Connections

Last edited:
Reactions: ispx

Amvt285

Level 1
Verified
Apr 15, 2016
I narrowed down my choices for a vnp service to Express, Ipvanish and PIA since I am after speed. But since I was running Avast free I decided to give their secureline a try and I was surprise by the results. From what I understand your only suppose to lose 10-20% of bandwidth from the best service. I only loss around 6% of my actual download speed with secureline shall I just stick with avast?

Vpn off
5LgBww.png

Vpn on
L5qYNp.png

Reactions: frogboy

onreact

Level 1
Verified
May 3, 2017

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I've mostly used the free version of CyberGhost until now and it was OK but I didn't do it mainly for privacy reasons, just to access some blocked sites etc.

There are some good overviews on the different VPN providers, otherwise you get easily overwhelmed. I'd recommend following those two links and choosing for yourself:

Which VPN Services Keep You Anonymous in 2017? - TorrentFreak
Best VPN Services 2017 Has to Offer (+ Reviews) - TheBestVPN.com
Should include the below as well

The Best VPN Providers Of 2017

The Best VPN Providers Of 2017 - GreyCoder

and

20+ VPNs Rated on Privacy and Security Side-by-Side

Last edited:
Reactions: ispx and onreact

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
PIA had some pretty #####ed up users who didn't get caught from law agencies cause PIA keeps no logs properly.

that's kinda all that matters, even if a company is based in some weird country where there is no US jurisdiction, they still have US servers..
For PIA you can use servers from Finland, Hong Kong or Romania

Reactions: ispx and onreact

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
yea , like every other provider, only having no logs matters.
If you are concerned with your online privacy seriously then the important criteria would be having 'No-log' policy and the countries where the servers are located

If you are not so concern with your online privacy then selecting from either the big 3 VPN providers would be adequate

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If you are concerned with your online privacy seriously then the important criteria would be having 'No-log' policy and the countries where the servers are located

If you are not so concern with your online privacy then selecting from either the big 3 VPN providers would be adequate
and if you're really concerned, put a VPN before the entry node of Tor and voila!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
and if you're really concerned, put a VPN before the entry node of Tor and voila!
To not slow you down with Tor I would suggest a VPN with double-hop or one with an IP changer feature to improve privacy will do.

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@BugCode Are you referring to it being in the 14th eye countries?

So far the reports I´ve seen are mostly positive and their speed are pretty decent.

So that´s good enough for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.