Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Home user with some basic internet work, browsing ( no gaming ) sometime torrenting , downloading so ESET Antivirus is enough or not ??

Eset will be more than enough :)
No need to armor your pc for security. An Eset, your programs up to date as well as Windows, a Malwarebytes scan once a month and a Nextdns is enough.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Eset will be more than enough :)
No need to armor your pc for security. An Eset, your programs up to date as well as Windows, a Malwarebytes scan once a month and a Nextdns is enough.
My all programs, Browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge) including Windows 11H1 are up to date. Malwarebyte free scan is enough? With ESET Antivirus ( not Internet Security ). I've heard NextDNS is not completely free?? also I'm using windscribe VPN Free...

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
My all programs, Browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge) including Windows 11H1 are up to date. Malwarebyte free scan is enough? With ESET Antivirus ( not Internet Security ). I've heard NextDNS is not completely free?? also I'm using windscribe VPN Free...

Nextdns is free up to 100,000 requests per month (which is hard to reach for me) so no worries.

Malwarebytes Free is enough as a second scan for you :)
Just remember to upgrade to W11 22h2

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Nextdns is free up to 100,000 requests per month (which is hard to reach for me) so no worries.

Malwarebytes Free is enough as a second scan for you :)
Just remember to upgrade to W11 22h2
It's now upto 300,000 queries per month, yes I'll upgrade but does ESET Antivirus supports it? Is there any problem for Windscribe VPN free??

Reactions: Sorrento

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
?? what's a search advisor?

An extension that tells you if a site is secure or not on your search engine :)

With F-Secure

mt.png

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Home user with some basic internet work, browsing ( no gaming ) sometime torrenting , downloading so ESET Antivirus is enough or not ??
I would suggest installing AppCheck, it will not make your machine slower, but it insures against Eset's weak protection against encryption and mbr attacks. In the browser I suggest an extension from Avira, Bitdefender or Emsisoft, but if you have a good NextDNS configuration, it is not necessary.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Someone in this forum said recently that he got lifetime key for a ESET product. Is that true that ESET would offer lifetime key?

I am sure it does not, it may be a stolen long term usage key for enterprise or just a cracked version of ESET(I would bet in the latter).

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I am sure it does not, it may be a stolen long term usage key for enterprise or just a cracked version of ESET(I would bet in the latter).

Thanks, I was refering to this post:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
@Shadowra
Asked you 3 times yesterday but no reply however you've reacted or replied others later.. (each time after my reply) 🙂🙂

Does ESET Antivirus supports Windows 11 22H2 update? Does it have in build upgrade ( example ver 15 to ver 16 )
Does it supports boot time scan ?

If you know then please reply 🙏🙏

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra
Asked you 3 times yesterday but no reply however you've reacted or replied others later.. (each time after my reply) 🙂🙂

Does ESET Antivirus supports Windows 11 22H2 update? Does it have in build upgrade ( example ver 15 to ver 16 )
Does it supports boot time scan ?

If you know then please reply 🙏🙏

Sorry, I didn't see it, my apologies...

There is no problem with the last update of W11 and it takes well the scan at startup and UEFI (tested on VM) :)

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Sorry, I didn't see it, my apologies...

There is no problem with the last update of W11 and it takes well the scan at startup and UEFI (tested on VM) :)
Thank you..and what about built in upgrade (example: change version 15 to 16) or I have to manually upgrade product version by download new version manually??

Reactions: Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.