360TSE 2020
In-depth Comparison

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Notes:

-360TSE still doesn't have the Kunpeng engine but suppose it does have now and it's enabled.

-Avira engine is disabled

-On Webroot, maximum heuristics option is selected

Reactions: Dave Russo

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
Webroot is not my first line of defense, but it works good with SEP firewall/IDS components installed. 24h block rate is good too.
Sure, not recommended for "happy clickers" etc, but it does its job. Webroot Identity Shield is actually good.
And im not a Webroot fanboy :).
Regards,
-sepi

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Hi,
Webroot is not my first line of defense, but it works good with SEP firewall/IDS components installed. 24h block rate is good too.
Sure, not recommended for "happy clickers" etc, but it does its job. Webroot Identity Shield is actually good.
And im not a Webroot fanboy :).
Regards,
-sepi
Are there any conflicts with sep? How is the performance?

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Interestingly, 360 is always one of the few vendors that catches 0-days earliest, on virustotal. I guess it's very good against scripts? I wonder if it's thanks to the new kunpeng engine or QEX.

Reactions: roger_m and Step 1

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
I've noticed that too, lot of HEUR detections by 360 lately. But for sure Virustotal is not "realtime", Trend Micro detects and i think some other av's too via static scan. But i'm quite impressed by 360 Heurestic engine detection lately. Maybe they bought WiseWector engine? ;)

Reactions: roger_m and Nagisa

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
used the both of them. qihoo has way better signatures than webroot. webroot is lighter on the system, but i felt more confident using qihoo while surfing the internet. i guess you could use them both realtime, as i remember webroot allows using it along with other av. (hope i`m not mistaking)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.