Solved Accidentally dropped my laptop, should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
I have accidentally pulled the AC Adapter wire of my laptop quickly, It have fell to the ground. The AC adapter was still connected to the laptop, and its indicator was on, but I decided to remove it until I am sure there will be no worry to turn it on. I tried to keep it near my ears and flip it to hear any sound of something moving but I didn't hear any. I found that the Cover where the RAM slots are located was partially removed, so I decided to remove it and see what's there. Everything was normal, so I have put it back.

Is there is anything I should worry about?

sany0207h.jpg

sany0208u.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hmmm, I have a feeling that you will have to get a new laptop, or get that sent to Acer to get it fixed :p

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
McLovin said:
Hmmm, I have a feeling that you will have to get a new laptop, or get that sent to Acer to get it fixed :p

I don't see anything wrong with it to need Acer to fix it. Still working at the moment.

umbrapolaris said:
Oh your laptop has 4 mechanical built-in worldtime clocks ! amazing ! :p

Yeah it's an Aspire feature, But they drain the battery so I turned them off.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
I don't see anything wrong with it to need Acer to fix it. Still working at the moment.

So, what's your game plan on getting the screen fixed?

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
You don't have a laptop. :p Problem Solved. :D

Huh? I actually own 2 laptops. I got rid of the desktop PC. Thanks.

sany0211v.jpg

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you try turning it off and back on again?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.