Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Gandalf_The_Grey
Since you use Adguard extension, can you check one thing for me? Go to The Verge
Do you notice any delay in page loading? If not click on an article from the homepage. There should be a certain unnecessary delay for the page to come into view. No go back and there should be another unwanted delay. Repeat this and there's always a delay. Do you have this issue? This only happens with Adguard Extension. No problem with uBlock Origin. I want to make sure if it happens to others before opening an issue on github.
Confirmed here your described delay of page loading there at The Verge
Doesn't matter, here the same delay on Firefox or Edge-Chromium, both with Adguard Browser Extension.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Gandalf_The_Grey
Since you use Adguard extension, can you check one thing for me? Go to The Verge
Do you notice any delay in page loading? If not click on an article from the homepage. There should be a certain unnecessary delay for the page to come into view. No go back and there should be another unwanted delay. Repeat this and there's always a delay. Do you have this issue? This only happens with Adguard Extension. No problem with uBlock Origin. I want to make sure if it happens to others before opening an issue on github.
I'm not Gandalf, but the site loads immediately for me. Same for going a site back.
Even with JavaScript enabled for first-party

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Yhanks, but filter parsing seems unlikely because I am using the small Top500 list and experienced same issue.
Oh yes, you're right. Something else then.
Confirmed here your described delay of page loading there at The Verge
Doesn't matter, here the same delay on Firefox or Edge-Chromium, both with Adguard Browser Extension.
Hmm same for me in all browsers. Since Adguard desktop and extension both have this issue it's worth reporting to them.
Got about 1 second of delay as maximum here with AG Desktop + FF75 + AG add-on in that site, nothing to go crazy for...
But even that 1 sec delay is not present with uBlock Origin so this can be fixed by them I hope.
I'm not Gandalf, but the site loads immediately for me. Same for going a site back.
Even with JavaScript enabled for first-party
You're the only one to not experience this. Confusing.

Anyway, here's a gif to show how it is on my system.
adg.gif

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Hmm same for me in all browsers. Since Adguard desktop and extension both have this issue it's worth reporting to them.

But even that 1 sec delay is not present with uBlock Origin so this can be fixed by them I hope.

View attachment 237630
It still must be something on your system, because if I see this I have no delay, just slow loading, that could be wifi related.

@SeriousHoax ,thanks, but filter parsing seems unlikely because I am using the small Top500 list and experienced same issue.

@Gandalf_The_Grey odly I am not experiencing the delays you mentioned on MT???
Probably my wifi. Sometimes no delays, sometimes it just hangs... :unsure:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It still must be something on your system, because if I see this I have no delay, just slow loading, that could be wifi related.
No it's not loading actually. The site was already loaded before testing so Edge already had cache so almost no loading is required for the browser but the delay is there with Adguard only and others above have experienced this too more or less.
Anyway this is related to The Verge only. Other sites are loading fine. Before reporting to them I just wanted to be sure that the problem is not exclusive to my system only that's why I asked.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
No it's not loading actually. The site was already loaded before testing so Edge already had cache so almost no loading is required for the browser but the delay is there with Adguard only and others above have experienced this too more or less.
Anyway this is related to The Verge only. Other sites are loading fine. Before reporting to them I just wanted to be sure that the problem is not exclusive to my system only that's why I asked.
Okay, but for me it's not like that. I see no white site as in your video. That video showed your issue very clear.
I explained in the previous comment why it's not your wifi. If you're loading the site multiple times one after another in the same session then the browser is loading things from cache.
Sorry, I'm not clear. That was about MalwareTips.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Your video showed a white site. I don't have that on the verge.
So i still think it can be something on your system...
Sorry for the confusion.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

View attachment 237630
Yes there is a delay just as your video shows for you. Just seems like a second or two in lag for that web site, same for me.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
There is a slight delay in loading of The Verge website on Edge with Adguard.
On Brave it loads way faster however Brave's Shields are less aggressive with filtering and maybe that's the reason.
Brave:
1587226501318.png

Edge:
1587226409579.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.