Question Advice on monitoring program activity

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Greetings brethren, an odd thing has happened, very rarely, I get a caption connection lost because you just opened another browser(which I did not, in fact I did nothing) anyone know what may cause this, and as far as monitoring background activity (easiest way to do this) Thanks

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Greetings brethren, an odd thing has happened, very rarely, I get a caption connection lost because you just opened another browser(which I did not, in fact I did nothing) anyone know what may cause this, and as far as monitoring background activity (easiest way to do this) Thanks
Where do you receive that message?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
not exactly on point... other day I was running mullvad vpn in VMware_win10, set for isolation, ie, no crossover with Host, and I opened proton vpn on the Host, & mullvad on VM disconnected itself, alerted me, and then reconnected itself. also Edge is default running in the background unless you check and check again that it isn't, especially after an Edge update which comes along a few times a week. Not sure how closely chess.com monitors online games, but I understand from chess youtubers they monitor to determine if a user is running stockfish to "cheat" | not that you would :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Dave Russo

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
not exactly on point... other day I was running mullvad vpn in VMware_win10, set for isolation, ie, no crossover with Host, and I opened proton vpn on the Host, & mullvad on VM disconnected itself, alerted me, and then reconnected itself. also Edge is default running in the background unless you check and check again that it isn't, especially after an Edge update which comes along a few times a week. Not sure how closely chess.com monitors online games, but I understand from chess youtubers they monitor to determine if a user is running stockfish to "cheat" | not that you would :D
No cheating is not for me, thanks for your reply

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.