Solved Adware removed with JRT, came back a few days later

Pryan3777

New Member
So i've tried cleaning some adware i got a week ago on google chrome using ADWcleaner and JRT which were recommended by another site. JRT did the trick for then and I had no problems until this morning after not manually downloading anything since then it's back with the same effects. How it works is on a good bit of sites, mostly small sites, everwhere i click it will pop an ad in a window behind my current one. If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks in advance
 

Attachments

Update: Ok I might be crazy but i'm pretty sure im getting the same exact thing on my iphone. I tried switching wifi networks on my computer figuring that may be the problem and sure enough after closing and opening chrome on the new network it seems to be fine. Should I try a factory reset on the original router?
 
If you have home router, then resetting to factory settings is something I wanted to suggest you to. Please do it and let me know of the outcome.
 
Reset the router to factory settings and restarted chrome yet there are still ads. Switched to other network and restarted chrome and there's no ads.
 
Update: Sorry for all the double replies but after resetarting my computer there seems to be no ads now. Same thing for my phone just restarted it and no more ads! Idk if this is finished or not but thank you!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top