App Review AhnLab V3 Lite 2020 | Much too light in spite of what proposes...

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
Hello :)

My review for AhnLab v3 Lite !

AhnLab is a South Korean company based in Seoul, but little known to the general public. For years, AhnLab has been developing its software, V3, and wants it light and easy to use. This year, AhnLab proposes a free and complete software to protect itself. Unfortunately, the software doesn't seem to be mature yet... The Web detections are too average and the Phishing reaction non-existent... On the other hand, good detection rate on the pack! By pushing, AhnLab is completely out of the pack... It doesn't know how to defend itself and our home-made Ransomware, Kurumi, finishes the test. It's a shame.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I hate this test, because Ahnlab has an option to submit files automatically why not engage it, but decide to do it manually makes no sense,you're either in or out stop half stepping these test, which makes people jump to the wrong conclusion,damm it.
I'm not trying to imply that it's great software all i want to see is balance in testing. Another thing is if a tester doesn't know the software he is testing or familiar with it don't test it, learn it first in it's entirety then proceed to show that you have done your homework.

Last edited:

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
I hate this test, because Ahnlab has an option to submit files automatically why not engage it, but decides to do it manually makes no sense,you're either in or out stop half stepping these test, which makes people jump to the wrong conclusion,damm it.

Hello,
You may not like my work but I forbid you to make bad publicity out of it or even spill your hatred here please. AhnLab has been left by default in this video, so I don't touch it. Just at the end I put that it sends automatically because I was flooded of alert....

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hello,
You may not like my work but I forbid you to make bad publicity out of it or even spill your hatred here please. AhnLab has been left by default in this video, so I don't touch it. Just at the end I put that it sends automatically because I was flooded of alert....

I'm not trying to spread hatred but consistency you're either in or out default is default no additives, which brings me back to what i was saying know the AV in it entirety before testing. And that was not a default test i saw you engage other stuff before testing.
When testing a product at default it's set up and test from exe (software installer) execution, you don't rearrange things to fit your needs because then it's no longer default or do you need a dictionary, just asking?
And no i don't care about the out come all i care about is consistency.

Last edited:

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
I'm not trying to spread hatred but consistency you're either in or out default is default no additives, which brings me back to what i was saying know the AV in it entirety before testing. And that was not a default test i saw you engage other stuff before testing.

You should know that the antivirus is tested 2 weeks before the video presentation, so the software was browsed well before today. You're right, I activated a few boxes because I found it useful, especially in Scan.
After yes the automatic sending could have been activated, but if it is not activated by default, there is a reason.

Either way, it wouldn't have changed the test results. :)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Sakes Terri,

it`s only a youtube test, don`t you think you`re being a tad over pernickety ?:mad:

The whole point of these videos as I see it is to give you a "feel" as to what the product is and looks like etc. Not as viable alternatives to the likes of Malware Hub or any major testing authority.

Thanks for testing Warball.👍

Regards Eck:)

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
Sakes Terri,

it`s only a youtube test, don`t you think you`re being a tad over pernickety ?:mad:

The whole point of these videos as I see it is to give you a "feel" as to what the product is and looks like etc. Not as viable alternatives to the likes of Malware Hub or any major testing authority.

Thanks for testing Warball.👍

Regards Eck:)

Thank you Eck ! I appreciat that ! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.