Hey,

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum but I found this option in my Antivirus (G DATA) and was wondering what it's for?

I couldn't find much on it but I think it may be some type of Cloud Analysis of some sort? It's located under Real-Time Protection > Virus Monitor. Do you guys think this would add value to my PC or cause slowdowns etc.?

TheSuperGeek

Level 2
I don't know if there is a link... but i think it's make a sound when a virus is detected ? Accoustically means that in a dictionary : the definition of acoustically : "pertaining to the sense or organs of hearing, to sound, or to thescience of sound."
Or maybe someone who know more G Data can help ?

Reactions: bribon77

bribon77

Level 23
Verified
Good: I do not use Gdata, but I think it is an alert with sound when it detects a malaware.
But there are colleagues here in MT that if they use Gdata and can tell you more about this topic.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

show-Zi

Level 16
Verified
Real time protection> Virus Monito
The bottom "□" is the activation of "Notification by alarm sound at detection" (2017 version).
It is a setting frequently adopted by other security software, but it may be upset by an unknown warning sound.:eek::eek::eek:
Even if I use it everyday, there seems to be little influence on deceleration:whistle: