Battle Alternative Required. Kaspersky Internet Security vs...?

Compare list
Norton
F-Secure
eset
Bitdefender
Avast
Avira
McAfee

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all.

I'm looking for something alternative to KIS. With the latest web browsing issue that wont be fixed for up to ~4 weeks, and the issue with it destroying all my email attachments around 9-12 months ago I'm on the look out for something else.

I've been looking on here at the threads, the videos, the comparisons and I cant make my mind up!

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Firewall included would preferred, unless there's a reason it's not needed?

Thanks in advance :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just tried ESET Smart Security Premium with default settings and SSL/TLS disabled as this is handled by my Adguard for Desktop. I don't like it for 2 reasons

1) I find surfing a bit slow
2) It blocked many sites I want to go to like download movies etc

My just-expired KIS don't exhibit these issues

Too bad I missed the free giveaway Bitdefender Smart Security while testing ESET

Guess I'll need to go back to KIS. Hopefully, the servers of Kaspersky will not face ban in other countries so as not to affect its performance

:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.