Question alternative system cleaner?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Malwalero

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 23, 2016
hello. I currently use wise disk, but I would like to know an alternative to Wise Disk.. thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
hello. I currently use wise disk, but I would like to know an alternative to Wise Disk.. thanks
If you use Windows 10 or 11, Microsoft PC Manager is free to download and use.

Using the built-in Windows Disk Cleaner with Admin rights, can clean Windows Update files.

BleachBit is a free and open-source alternative to CCleaner.

In your browser, Ctrl+Shift+Del can clear browsing data, except Chrome.

For experienced users, sdelete can be used. Improper use can result in data loss.
SDelete - Sysinternals

Edit: Question - I currently use Wise disk Cleaner. Is there a better one?
You asked the same question in 2023, are you not satisfied with Wise Disk Cleaner?

Malwalero

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 23, 2016
If you use Windows 10 or 11, Microsoft PC Manager is free to download and use.

Using the built-in Windows Disk Cleaner with Admin rights, can clean Windows Update files.

BleachBit is a free and open-source alternative to CCleaner.

In your browser, Ctrl+Shift+Del can clear browsing data, except Chrome.

For experienced users, sdelete can be used. Improper use can result in data loss.
SDelete - Sysinternals

Edit: Question - I currently use Wise disk Cleaner. Is there a better one?
You asked the same question in 2023, are you not satisfied with Wise Disk Cleaner?
hello . Thank you all very much for the answers... I did ask a question last year, but I forgot that I had already asked. I'm sorry... I'll try the options they tell me.

Reactions: simmerskool

Marko :)

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
No need for 3rd party solutions. Either use Microsoft PC Manager or Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense.

3rd party Windows optimizing software sometimes make problems with Windows installations so I recommend avoiding them at all cost.

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
What kind of problems?
I've encountered everything from deleting important system files (software probably mistook it for something else), corruption of user data and registry. Some problems caused will be obvious immediately while other will show signs later.

This is why I only stick with Microsoft's tools. They might not be the best, but they are certainly free and won't cause you and problems whatsoever. All these system tuning programs are unnecessary ever since Microsoft released Windows 10. From that moment, they became obsolete. Windows 10 was the first Windows OS that had complete automatic maintenance in the background so user didn't need to do anything. Storage Sense does a job of deleting unnecessary files so you don't have to launch CCleaner, for example, every few weeks/months. Defragmentation/SSD optimization is also done in the background when you're away from the PC.

Acadia

Level 1
Sep 25, 2020
I would use Storage Sense but I just don't like the way that it depends upon OneDrive which I try to avoid like the plague. :mad:
Acadia

Last edited:

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I would use Storage Sense but I just don't like the way that it depends upon OneDrive which I try to avoid like the plague. :mad:
Acadia
What do you mean? Storage Sense is built into Windows and doesn't have anything to do with the OneDrive. It's also turned on by default.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Microsoft PC Manager does not add new features, but it make using the Windows built-in tools easier, is this right or I will get more benefits from using it?
That might be the case. I want to test it, but it's still not available for download if I'm not mistaken.

silvers

Apr 3, 2024
I've encountered everything from deleting important system files (software probably mistook it for something else), corruption of user data and registry. Some problems caused will be obvious immediately while other will show signs later.

This is why I only stick with Microsoft's tools. They might not be the best, but they are certainly free and won't cause you and problems whatsoever. All these system tuning programs are unnecessary ever since Microsoft released Windows 10. From that moment, they became obsolete. Windows 10 was the first Windows OS that had complete automatic maintenance in the background so user didn't need to do anything. Storage Sense does a job of deleting unnecessary files so you don't have to launch CCleaner, for example, every few weeks/months. Defragmentation/SSD optimization is also done in the background when you're away from the PC.
I agree. I used to use ccleaner few years back. Now I've stopped using any cleaner software and stick with built in and I haven't lost that much storage. I also tried hibit uninstaller's cleaner and it didnt cause any issue but it didn't save much storage for me either.

Reactions: Marko :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.