Advanced Security anirbandutta01's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Aug 21, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Other
OS version and support details
Windows 11 IoT LTSC
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
N/A
Router and network details
NOKIA WiFi Router provided by ISP
Real-time protection
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
Firewall H_C ( @Andy Ful )
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
K7 Anti Ransomware Scan
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Sophos Scan & Clean
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Edge (Primary),
Firefox (Secondary)
Chrome
Extension: Ublock Origin, Osprey Browser Protection, Language tools.
Secure DNS
Cloudflare DoH in Browser
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller, Privazer, Windows built in tools
File and photo backups
External HDD, Google Drive, One Drive, MEGA, PCloud.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite (Free), Windows bulit in backup.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 11 IoT LTSC X64 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz
Notable changes
Switched back to ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Configured H_C, @Andy Ful ( Configure Defender, Firewall Hardening )
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Some reading:
Hello, after reading this poll, I've downloaded KVRT & impressed by it's performance. Does it detect Script based malware & tracking cookies ?

But I have to download it every time so MBAM is better ... i think.
 
Last edited:
Hello, after reading this poll, I've downloaded KVRT & impressed by it's performance. Does it detect Script based malware & tracking cookies ?

But I have to download it every time so MBAM is better ... i think.
It does detect script based malware, but no tracking cookies.
For that use a good adblocker, block 3rd party cookies and/or clean your browser.
You have to download it again when there is a new version, but KVRT will inform you.
It is one of the best of its kind.
 
Here is my updated ( as on 28th November 2024 ) computer security configuration. Switched back to ESET Internet Security & I'm happy with it. ESET is my FIRST used paid antivirus ( used ESET NOD32 in the year of 2012 ). First love. I'm planning to upgrade with ESET Smart Security Premium.

I'm planning to install Opera Browser. Any problem if I use Opera browser ?

Feel free to give me advise / suggestion to improve performance / security. Thanks to all .
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top