Advanced Security anirbandutta01's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Aug 21, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Other
OS version and support details
Windows 11 IoT LTSC
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
N/A
Router and network details
NOKIA WiFi Router provided by ISP
Real-time protection
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
Firewall H_C ( @Andy Ful )
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
K7 Anti Ransomware Scan
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Sophos Scan & Clean
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Edge (Primary),
Firefox (Secondary)
Chrome
Extension: Ublock Origin, Osprey Browser Protection, Language tools.
Secure DNS
Cloudflare DoH in Browser
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller, Privazer, Windows built in tools
File and photo backups
External HDD, Google Drive, One Drive, MEGA, PCloud.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite (Free), Windows bulit in backup.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 11 IoT LTSC X64 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz
Notable changes
Switched back to ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Configured H_C, @Andy Ful ( Configure Defender, Firewall Hardening )
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

How can I remove only Configure Defender? Nothing happened after clicking on it.

It can be blocked by one of your security layers. Did you ever use it? If so, did you apply the Default Protection Level as a last configuration?
 
No

No I made some changes.

I am not sure. You did not use it and made some changes.
Anyway, if you made some changes via a particular tool, then you must use the same tool and revert those changes.
 
made some changes via a particular tool
I made changes with H_C tools but when I clicked on configure defender to restore default it didn't work.
1000200733.jpg
 
In your case, those settings were not changed by using H_C.(y)
Okay, actually before installing ESET I was clicked on configure defender and made some changes ( Ex. PUP detection turned off by default, I turned this on ) then I was installed ESET. But this time when I clicking on configure defender nothing happened. Is this an issue or it disabled because ESET has been installed?
 
But this time when I clicking on configure defender nothing happened. Is this an issue or it disabled because ESET has been installed?

It is OK. Those Microsoft Defender settings should not be configured when you use another AV.
After installing Eset, the ConfigureDefender button should be grayed out (disabled):

1755790821272.png
 
Hello, soon I'll update my computer configuration. Planning to change DDR3 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 RAM, Zebronics 310 Motherboard & an upgraded processor (Intel Core i3 3rd Gen to Intel Core i5 6th Gen). Isn't it a good idea? Could you please tell me which is better? Intel Core i5 6th Gen or any processor like AMD Ryzen 5? I know that 6th Gen is an old processor, but I have a tight budget. Which AMD processor is similar to Intel Core i5 6th Gen? Which Motherboard is better for AMD Ryzen? Gigabyte or Asus?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top