Advanced Security anirbandutta01's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Aug 21, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Other
OS version and support details
Windows 11 IoT LTSC
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
N/A
Router and network details
NOKIA WiFi Router provided by ISP
Real-time protection
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
Firewall H_C ( @Andy Ful )
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
K7 Anti Ransomware Scan
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Sophos Scan & Clean
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Edge (Primary),
Firefox (Secondary)
Chrome
Extension: Ublock Origin, Osprey Browser Protection, Language tools.
Secure DNS
Cloudflare DoH in Browser
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller, Privazer, Windows built in tools
File and photo backups
External HDD, Google Drive, One Drive, MEGA, PCloud.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite (Free), Windows bulit in backup.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 11 IoT LTSC X64 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz
Notable changes
Switched back to ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Configured H_C, @Andy Ful ( Configure Defender, Firewall Hardening )
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Hello everyone 🙂
I made few changes in my PC configuration. I'm planning to use a paid good VPN (Windscribe or Surfshark) in a few months later. Isn't it a good idea? Please share your valuable feedback.
Estimate what to be gained from hiding your dynamic IP against the cost; if not getting significant benefit by hiding IP, you are wasting money.
 
Actually I never used paid VPN before so I want to try. 🙂
I used free Proton VPN for few days as some sort of study or experience, then uninstalled the app.
I have no need to hide my IP.
In addition, using VPN has a price beside money: slower internet speed, and some websites and platforms do not like it and will be exposed to some restrictions, some accounts may consider log in from a different country than registered as suspicious activity (trial of hacking) and may temporarly suspend.
 
I used free Proton VPN for few days as some sort of study or experience, then uninstalled the app.
I have no need to hide my IP.
In addition, using VPN has a price beside money: slower internet speed, and some websites and platforms do not like it and will be exposed to some restrictions, some accounts may consider log in from a different country than registered as suspicious activity (trial of hacking) and may temporarly suspend.
Ohh but VPN is used to protect information & for privacy.
 
Why did you switch from Kaspersky to ESET?
It's because I love to test new applications especially antivirus software. I've licence key of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, ESET ( Antivirus & Internet Security both ), Kaspersky Standard, Avast Premium, AVG ( both Internet Security & Ultimate ), K7 ( Antivirus & Total Security, both MAT edition ), Quick Heal ( Antivirus & Total Security ), Guardian ( Quick Heal ). Soon I'll add McAfee Antivirus, Norton Antivirus Plus, Avira Antivirus Pro & Escan Internet Security.
 
Last edited:
You're still using ESET (AV + FW). ConfigureDefender and FirewallHardening work with Microsoft Defender and Firewall.
Yes.(y)
If I correctly recall, ESET can only honor permissive rules from Windows Firewall (with enabled "Also evaluate rules from Windows Firewall") if those rules were not applied via Windows policies.
The FirewallHardening tool applies block rules (via Windows policies) that are ignored.
Most ConfigureDefender rules require enabling Microsoft Defender real-time protection.
 
Last edited:
Is Microsoft Defender real-time protection enabled?
No it's disabled as ESET installed.
1000200730.jpg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top