oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
And this from a user trying to make sense of the tracking protection changes:

AdKiller commented on Apr 24

Thanks for the explainers on the myriad of privacy settings in Firefox.
If I understand correctly, currently unless I need to login to the same website with multiple accounts, there is no need for multi account container add-on?
Currently I use multi account containers & Temporary Containers' automatic mode, but I think it is overkill for my goal which is to stop websites from snooping on what I am doing on other websites.
Source: Total Cookie Protection comparison · Issue #1974 · mozilla/multi-account-containers same as @SecureKongo post #17 above

This is my use case so I'll continue using FF setup with strict tracking protection, no containers & no FPI.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've been using a lot of the suggestions in Yet Another Firefox Hardening Guide | Chris Xiao for a while now without any major issues, a few sites don't load fully but they're ones where I can still read what I want to without risking my privacy. Other sites I've taken about:config tips from are -

As for using multi-containers, FPI and the recent FF Firefox 86 Introduces Total Cookie Protection – Mozilla Security Blog I've continued using all three. I know this increases the risk of my browser fingerprint being more easily identified, as does adding more extensions etc. I've not seen any slow down while using all three and I've not had the time to go through all of their abilities to check if something covered by one isn't covered by the others yet.

Last edited:

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Decided to give Firefox 90 a spin, and came across this Firefox Hardening Guide. It seemed comprehensive and easy to understand, so I followed some of the suggestions. Like with all browsers, everyone has their own personal preferences in regard to Firefox Hardening, so your mileage may vary.

Here it is for anyone interested: Yet Another Firefox Hardening Guide | Chris Xiao

dFPI/TCP eventually supersedes FPI but is currently disabled when FPI = true. You can’t use dFPI and FPI at the same time.
1631676 - Disable dfpi when privacy.firstparty.isolate=true
I'm going to disable FPI and see how things go.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.