Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Combination Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine Released | Bitdefender Labs

An Italian website explain that with this FREE tool by BD, the ransomware ( it targets teslacrypt, locky , cbt -locker ) thinks the PC is already infected . ( some ransomware doesn't attack two times a PC already infected, they explain )

Sorry I couldn't find the explanation in English . But if you want I can link the Italian website

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
When? I supposed it's a new feature that didn't exist before

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
When? I supposed it's a new feature that didn't exist before
I am referring to the claim that it doesnt attack twice the same pc.

VM was attacked at least 3 times in succession. In any case this was around a week ago and I am not referring to any vaccine.

Reactions: Dirk41

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well those vaccine are should be treated as a major campaign against those nasty ransomwares and not for marketing usage.

Actually that's the problem nowadays, better when an analysis is released from neutral researchers instead on security companies that are bind to have biased at end of sentence pattern.

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I am not an expert anyway maybe I didn't explain it well: the ransomware supposes there is ALREADY another ransom in the pc.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
sorry i forgot to say that they are testing it, the first results are ok but they will keep us updated about the test..they also say that other users ,that want to test and share results, are welcome

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I think that If a ransomware can test if a PC is already infected by him (or another ransomware), it must not be too difficult to change the ransomware tests to work around a "vaccination", in another version :( ( then an upgrade of vaccination tool ? => like Anti-malware / anti-virus tools with their data-base update)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.