Advice Request Antivirus Advice

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What AV do you suggest?

• Bitdefender Total Security

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Norton 360 Deluxe

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Avast Ultimate

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • AVG Ultimate

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • F-Secure Total

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters

Black Wings

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
I need advice, thanks in advance.

I have been an AVG Ultimate user for two years and I feel that my computer slows down on certain occasions, so I am thinking of replacing it with another one.

My candidates are Bitdefender Total Security, Norton 360 Deluxe, F-Secure Total, Avast Ultimate or continue with AVG Ultimate, although I am open to more possibilities. I am looking for a good multiplatform antivirus with the philosophy "install and forget", I use the computer for internet browsing, banking, shopping... I don't use it to play games or work with large files.

There is a great AV like Eset or Emsisoft that I can't buy, as I need 10 licenses and it would be too expensive.

What AV do you suggest?, and, please, why?

Thanks

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
F-Secure :)

Very complete, very efficient, you install it and forget it :)
I also made tests with Keyloggers that I voluntarily installed and the banking protection isolates very correctly the navigator :) especially that the editor listens to his customers and corrects very quickly the concerns when we, the testers report them ;)
And if you want cheap licenses, our friend @SerialCart can make you a small price :)

Black Wings

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
Thanks all for your thoughts.

F-Secure :)

Very complete, very efficient, you install it and forget it :)
I also made tests with Keyloggers that I voluntarily installed and the banking protection isolates very correctly the navigator :) especially that the editor listens to his customers and corrects very quickly the concerns when we, the testers report them ;)
And if you want cheap licenses, our friend @SerialCart can make you a small price :)

Thanks, I'm a @SerialCart customer, I bought AVG licenses from them, from F-Secure they only sell with 1, 3 or 5 devices, but I'll talk to them to see if they can get me 10 licenses at a lower price

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks all for your thoughts.

Thanks, I'm a @SerialCart customer, I bought AVG licenses from them, from F-Secure they only sell with 1, 3 or 5 devices, but I'll talk to them to see if they can get me 10 licenses at a lower price
Its worth chatting to SerialCart as they do seem to try quite hard to get people good deals here. I for voted F-Secure, Shadowra said pretty much what I would have done, I've used SAFE for a long time, off and on, and really like it. You should find that it is very light and fast, based on my experience with it.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Voted for Bitdefender because of its great automated protection. But I would choose BD IS instead of TS.
Avast would be my second choice and as others have pointed out, Avast/AVG would be the cheapest option which also provide brilliant protection.
Third would be Norton. A friend of mine has a Norton license for 20 devices for example. So the number of devices is not an issue for them at least.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I need advice, thanks in advance.

I have been an AVG Ultimate user for two years and I feel that my computer slows down on certain occasions, so I am thinking of replacing it with another one.

My candidates are Bitdefender Total Security, Norton 360 Deluxe, F-Secure Total, Avast Ultimate or continue with AVG Ultimate, although I am open to more possibilities. I am looking for a good multiplatform antivirus with the philosophy "install and forget", I use the computer for internet browsing, banking, shopping... I don't use it to play games or work with large files.

There is a great AV like Eset or Emsisoft that I can't buy, as I need 10 licenses and it would be too expensive.

What AV do you suggest?, and, please, why?

Thanks

Do you need licenses (10) for just PCs, or other devices? Tablets, phones….? ✌️

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.