Advice Request Antivirus Advice

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What AV do you suggest?

• Bitdefender Total Security

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Norton 360 Deluxe

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Avast Ultimate

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • AVG Ultimate

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • F-Secure Total

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Trendmicro is a product that I like very much for its simplicity and it is very effective. I have a test of Trendmicro planned for later this week :)
I had this on a device for 4-6 months last year, it was fairly light and AFAIK let nothing through. Basic settings were OK, with a certain amount of easy configuration settings available if you wanted them. That is about as far as my AV testing goes these days, I'll let the experts here do a much better job.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I had this on a device for 4-6 months last year, it was fairly light and AFAIK let nothing through. Basic settings were OK, with a certain amount of easy configuration settings available if you wanted them. That is about as far as my AV testing goes these days, I'll let the experts here do a much better job.
Im about to decide between trendmicro maximum security and avast ultimate theyre priced same (15 eur, 3 years 5 devices)
Avast just has VPN & better web protection. Trend micro has decent bb i guess. I will use both product on android devices aswell ( 1 desktop , 2 android devices)

Wich is better? Wich would you take?

Reactions: Black Wings

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Im about to decide between trendmicro maximum security and avast ultimate theyre priced same (15 eur, 3 years 5 devices)
Avast just has VPN & better web protection. Trend micro has decent bb i guess. I will use both product on android devices aswell ( 1 desktop , 2 android devices)

Avast for sure.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018

Could have a look at online reviews, system performance, the time it takes to run a full scan, detection rates between the two, and what appeals to your needs more as an end consumer, then ask again here. That's what I'd do. :p

For me probably would have to be Avast Ultimate. But that's my personal preference. Also, take a look around at some discounters to see if they offer something good too on these products.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.