Antivirus Removal Tool - The technician friendly tool to detect and completely remove antivirus software.

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi @I Walk MY Way, thank you for your suggestion. Is there a specific reason for doing that? Instead, what I have is ART added into WRT. It seems to make more sense that way because WRT is not an uninstaller.
I have not used ART yet, but sounds good (lately pc more stable less uninstalls). Generally, do you first run the "official" uninstaller provided by the AV vendor and then run ART to look for remnants, or do you only run ART? :unsure: (sorry if this has already been asked and answered)

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Nevi

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Generally, I just follow the program's "workflow": check for currently installed antivirus software, look for any previous installations, run the built-in uninstaller(s) whenever possible, and then run the dedicated uninstaller(s). ART doesn't remove remnants by itself.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Generally, I just follow the program's "workflow": check for currently installed antivirus software, look for any previous installations, run the built-in uninstaller(s) whenever possible, and then run the dedicated uninstaller(s). ART doesn't remove remnants by itself.
(my bad) I should have read your webpage first. Thanks for coding this app!!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2023.08 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, BigFix, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, Eset, Kaspersky, McAfee.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2023.09 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, Malwarebytes, Symantec.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2023.10 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Comodo, Emsisoft, F-Secure, Vipre.

Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.