Advice Request Any real IDM alternative in 2022?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amitkumargiri

Level 1
Mar 13, 2022
My Internet Download Manager license has expired. It was the best download manager i've ever used. I'm looking for some free and good alternatives... any ideas?
XDM it's open source and real alternative to idm

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Decided to try out FDM. Installed the browser add-on as well in Firefox.

The issue I am having is that it does not intercept the downloads. This option is checked in the settings as well.

So I installed a Download manager that does not download anything. :ROFLMAO:

Numeriku

Level 2
Verified
Mar 13, 2022
Decided to try out FDM. Installed the browser add-on as well in Firefox.

The issue I am having is that it does not intercept the downloads. This option is checked in the settings as well.

So I installed a Download manager that does not download anything. :ROFLMAO:

There is an issue with firefox i think, they didn't write the browser extension properly to intercept downloads, for chromium based browsers the browser addon works great.

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
This seems nice, is it open source? How is it compared to idm if you have used it before?
interface just like idm, open source ? prolly no, the best free downloader (setup File 850 KB ! )
1647255213236.png

firefox addon

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
My Internet Download Manager license has expired. It was the best download manager i've ever used. I'm looking for some free and good alternatives... any ideas?

IDM is the best, I have tried everything else but none of them are as good as IDM. Why did you go for yearly license, just get the Lifetime license. I got the IDM lifetime license for 3 devices around 7 years ago and it is working fine and getting all the latest updates.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.