Advice Request Anyone heard of Shelblock?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Anyone heard of Shelblock app? Someone posted this on Brave Community as effective for blocking mid-stream ads.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I am not a big fan of installing a program to block ads, I prefer them has an extension for the browser.

And don't support my Browser, Brave:

1609710096004.png

Upvote 0

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Yep I also just installed and tested. It makes you sign up with email. It failed to block most ads and popups etc on some sites I tested. Newser[.]com is one that has a side scrolling ad and Adguard blocks very well and Shellblock failed. And yes I was disappointed with the fact you can't change the filters. Uninstalling with Hibit! ;)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.