Question Anyone tried Norton V24?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Can you show us screenshots of the interface, especially the settings, maybe something interesting in your opinion? Please.
PT-BR
Captura de Tela 2024-05-19 às 23.59.54.png
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.00.00.png
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.00.09.png
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.00.22.png
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.00.30.png
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.00.45.png

Avast engine detection:
Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.03.07.png

Captura de Tela 2024-05-20 às 00.04.18.png

vonvon

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Im not going to switch back to Norton, still have the " data collector " feeling with them and Avast. And still the Cryptomining links are in the software.

Happy with my G Data, support is very fast, maybe a bit more expensive, but atleast you know your data does not go to Gen.
Surprisingly, I followed exactly the same approach, now with GData.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
In stead of using Norton, just install Avast, same thing ;-)
I've been waiting for Norton and Avast One to be one, haha, and the same for a couple years . This was a legitimate step. But it's still questionable whether they are the same in protection or whether Norton will leave access to Sonar or combine some Avira and Avast technologies. The interface is a bit different, judging by the screenshots from @fabiobr , as I can see. I am glad that there is active ip filtering and it seems even geolocation of network connections. Perhaps when Norton is updated to v24 for everybody mb @Shadowra will be able to make a comparative test?

I am not very confident that in the near future there will be a full engine changeover, migrating millions of users to Avast’s architecture would require substantial investment and improvements of Avast’s data centres first, or Norton data centres will have to be reworked to host the Avast cloud.
By the way, isn't Avast one of the most popular antiviruses on almost all continents? It seems to me they can safely serve all Norton customers almost without significantly strengthening the infrastructure.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I will be very curious about this. The question is how soft it will be on the system as before. And I wonder how much it has improved in terms of protection. I'm curious to see it on Windows PC.

Reactions: fabiobr

Acadia

Level 1
Sep 25, 2020
how can we test this version in windows right now?:oops:
As stated above, we have no control over when we will be receiving it. In the link that Anthony Qian posted, Norton states: We are upgrading users in groups to maintain an orderly process, but you can’t upgrade on your own. When you receive a communication from us about the upgrade (email or message in your Norton app), it means your upgrade is in progress. Please make sure you have Automatic LiveUpdate turned on. It may take a few weeks to complete, and you will receive an email when your upgrade is ready. If you open your Norton app and see a new design before receiving an email – congratulations, your upgraded Norton app experience is fully ready to use.

Acadia

Reactions: lyldz

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
We can buy dirty cheap Avast licenses here in Brazil, I just bought a 10 machines Avast Ultimate license for an year for around US$6,00. If Norton does not offer something over Avast I see no reason to buy Norton.

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I bought 2 years of avg which is the same thing now its really all the same threat network for all apps now. I think that's the goal. I just really like norton's new UI though wonder if avg's will change soon.

Jengo

Level 7
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
If you can not wait for the new Norton, just install Avast, it's exactly the same, well if you Install the premium version it is.

Reactions: McAlex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.