Battle APEX vs WiseVector vs Sophos vs VoodoAI vs other?

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I'm looking for a companion for WD, or a standalone real-time AI based scanner to use besides an anti-exe. As far as I see, you can only change APEXs sensitivity settings on SAP premium so cause it may be out of comparison.

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
I'm looking for a companion for WD, or a standalone real-time AI based scanner to use besides an anti-exe. As far as I see, you can only change APEXs sensitivity settings on SAP premium so cause it may be out of comparison.

APEX in the medium (recommended) setting, is available in the free version and quite frankly i don't think you 'd want to run it on high, unless you don't mind several more FPs. I 've had a FP at medium already, so it seems aggressive enough already and in a test conducted by @harlan4096 in the test section, APEX does quite well without setting it to high. I think it would be a very useful companion for any antivirus, if you don't want to pay for the paid version. It's as light as it can get too and it's by design thought not to clash with another antivirus.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Apex find much files as malicious, that are clearly false positives. For me is not enough mature atm. For me u should go with WD+WV, or at max try WD+VS in real time ( but i read dunno where it slow down), and WV as 2nd scanner

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Take a look here gl
Them will give u 3 months trial premium, if u wanna a free version (is called lite) u should ask their support to convert.
Thanks @Dave Russo and @Chri.Mi
I did not know that that APEX is the same software as SecureAPlus.
I was searching here: Apex One Endpoint Security Solution (OfficeScan, Redefined) | Trend Micro

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
voodoshield is my choice, if you want more than free versio
Thanks @Dave Russo and @Chri.Mi
I did not know that that APEX is the same software as SecureAPlus.
I was searching here: Apex One Endpoint Security Solution (OfficeScan, Redefined) | Trend Micro
In case your not familiar with SecureAplus(and you want to run along side Windows Defender)Click App settings, then Scan settings, then click Off on Register as Antivirus,... This does not stop the program from working just allows Windows Defender to not be hindered (if I understand properly) Gl

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Thanks @Andrew999
Do you have some links for the home users' site and download ?
Sure, here is the link for SecureAPlus Home:
And a comparison list between all the Home products: https://www.secureaplus.com/features/compare/

Hope this helps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.