Advice Request AppCheck Any Good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I came across this product which has a freeware version. Has anyone used it and is it any good?

Funny is that you have been asking last year about AppCheck, so what is the reason to start a new thread?

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
The plot thickens. :ROFLMAO:
I think there used to be a time when ransomware fear was at a peak but I say what I have always said. If you want to protect yourself from ransomware here is your best protection:
-Windows 10 Update
-Use standard user account not admin
-Macrium Reflect/AOMEI Backupper
-Any modern, reputable AV has anti-ransomware built in

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think of ransomware only as a proper noun for existing malware. At the extreme, it is simply the result of an infection. In other words, there is no need to add new measures. By avoiding dangerous links, I think there is a good chance that it can be defended.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
is this software good anymore?
It offers basic anti-exploit protection, mbr protection and signatureless anti-ransomware protection

Do you need it? not really since every major av has anti-ransomware protection build in

And what i have been looking for several times is that they upload old videos (dated in november 2021) as new videos every single day, today , tomorrow , etc. I dont see point of uploading old videos as new videos unless they get removed but that is not the case

Windows defenders cloud protection with high or block rule is much more effective anti-ransomware than such tools

if you want to have anti-exploit along with some free av, you may install malwarebytes antiexploit if the antivirus dont have such feature

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.