Advice Request Are Malc0de and tracker.h3x dead?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AnErrupTion

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 29, 2020
Recently, I was going to search for some malware samples to play with. The first website that came to my mind was Malc0de. Unfortunately, the database "yields no results".
Then there was tracker.h3x, but it just says "Error in connection:". Is there any explanations to this?
I know there's still VXVault and DasMalwerk for example, but still, they are pretty popular and I saw nobody talking about this.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
URLhaus has samples.
Access to download samples is required on both services: AnyRun and Hybrid-Analysis
True, but you can still grab some files from reported URLs/IPs mentioned in Connections/Network activity.

Attachments

• capture_04142020_210844.jpg
    capture_04142020_210844.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 230

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.