Advice Request Are third party consumer AVs a dying market?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

colin.p

Jan 6, 2022
After all, they are not the only game in town.
Ya got that right. I do find this topic very enlightening however, if not somewhat humorous. The only windows computer I have, is running the "security" program windows provides and all the rest of my computers don't even know what an AV is.

Wait, I lie: I just recently set up a new Dell laptop for my daughter and it came with McAfee pre-installed, as apparently she paid for a years coverage in the computer purchase price. At the end of the year, McAfee will be uninstalled and MS Defender will take over.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.