Q&A Are Webroot and VoodooShield compatible? Which to install first?

davisd

Level 13
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Sophos
Webroot and VS should work very well alongside each other, it's strong and lightweight combo, its just an users preference which AV to compliment VoodooShield with, if any. I would as well recommend installing VS first, then adding Webroot.

RoboMan

Level 22
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Just in case add VoodooShield.exe and VoodooShieldService.exe into Webroot's exclusions.

shmu26

Level 62
OS
Windows 10
if you download a brand new beta version of voodooshield, then webroot might detect it. But if you stick with the standard version, you should not have a problem.

W

Wave

Just in case add VoodooShield.exe and VoodooShieldService.exe into Webroot's exclusions.
I don't think it'd be necessary since VoodoShield does nothing shady like some security products do; it just has a device driver loaded for a kernel-mode callback and upon new execution attempts it sends the info to the service (.NET Framework) to do the scanning and then sends info back. Nothing shady or rootkit-like, such as API hooking and injection.

But good idea to white list if any problems occur anyway. Since VDS is signed, I'd imagine the vendors would have had whitelisted the publisher. :)

Ok I already had VS installed so I installed WSA after ,i'll see how it goes .Thks seems some say WSA first and others say VS first ..

RoboMan

Level 22
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I don't think it'd be necessary since VoodoShield does nothing shady like some security products do; it just has a device driver loaded for a kernel-mode callback and upon new execution attempts it sends the info to the service (.NET Framework) to do the scanning and then sends info back. Nothing shady or rootkit-like, such as API hooking and injection.

But good idea to white list if any problems occur anyway. Since VDS is signed, I'd imagine the vendors would have had whitelisted the publisher. :)
Unluckily, i talk from experience, since i had to whitelist it from Emsisoft itself.