Expired Ashampoo software products for free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

I

illumination

I wish i could say this is great stuff, but i tired to obtain two of these products for testing, each time, they sent the license, i downloaded the product, entered the license, it came up invalid on both, and both offered to upgrade me for a discount..

I don't know what all of you would call that, but if i was an average user thinking i was getting a gift and seen that, not once but twice, i would assume i was being scammed.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I wish i could say this is great stuff, but i tired to obtain two of these products for testing, each time, they sent the license, i downloaded the product, entered the license, it came up invalid on both, and both offered to upgrade me for a discount..

I don't know what all of you would call that, but if i was an average user thinking i was getting a gift and seen that, not once but twice, i would assume i was being scammed.
Which two products?

I

illumination

Which two products?

Ashampoo photo optimizer 4 and and burning studio (2014).. They gave me the licenses, but when i installed the programs and inserted the licenses, the programs said they were invalid, then i got this notice i could upgrade with a percentage off the original price.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Dunno really, maybe promos are finished. I tried with Burning studio too, same thing

I

illumination

Dunno really, maybe promos are finished. I tried with Burning studio too, same thing

That could be, but it seemed burning studio was added the same day i tried.. Who knows.. I uninstalled them both and moved on ..

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
On all Ashampoo product giveaways-
Free registration is required to acquire your free license key.
During installation, installer will open your default browser to register the product.
Enter your email address in the correct space then send.
Go to your email and click to confirm your email address. Ashampoo will then send your free key in a new email. When the product launches, just paste the key into the correct space.
Important: On the Ashampoo Service Channel, uncheck "Ashampoo News" & "Updates". Don't run updates or upgrade to newer versions or you will have to buy the product to continue use.

The main mistake users make is when the update notice appears, they select to update which will void the free version.
The giveaway products will still work as long as your browser opens the free license registration page.
Make sure that you don't have any security product with HIPS running that may block the installer from opening your browser.

The free versions will remain registered for lifetime as long as you don't select to upgrade.

I just downloaded Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 4 and it accepted the license with no problems, image attached.

livo.png

Thanks. :D

Last edited:
I

illumination

On all Ashampoo product giveaways-
Free registration is required to acquire your free license key.
During installation, installer will open your default browser to register the product.
Enter your email address in the correct space then send.
Go to your email and click to confirm your email address. Ashampoo will then send your free key in a new email. When the product launches, just paste the key into the correct space.
Important: On the Ashampoo Service Channel, uncheck "Ashampoo News" & "Updates". Don't run updates or upgrade to newer versions or you will have to buy the product to continue use.

The main mistake users make is when the update notice appears, they select to update will voids the free version.
The giveaway products will still work as long as your browser opens the free license registration page.
Make sure that you don't have any security product with HIPS running that may block the installer from opening your browser.

The free versions will remain registered for lifetime as long as you don't select to upgrade.

I just downloaded Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 4 and it accepted the license with no problems, image attached.

livo.png

I dont recall selecting the update, but may have.. Thank you either way..

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Added Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014

Enjoy :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I got the registration code but I can't find a download link for Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014.
It is not even listed on their website.

You need to go to Promo Page (the page is in German use Google Translate) or here is direct link
The installation is in German language. But after installation, it will switch to your system’s default language
Take note that during installation, Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014 tries to download and install “Advanced Driver Updater”. If this doesn’t suit you then choose “Nein,danke” option when you’re asked.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
added Ashampoo Uninstaller with official giveaway license key, that's shared for everyone

onesimus

Jan 28, 2014
I've had years of experience with ashampoo,and had to conclude it is a temporal solution till you find better stuff.
My advice is to NEVER buy any "upgrades" -as I did-,because they never really have improvements on the free versions.
In essence ashampoo is a pure marketing company,that scans the world for acceptable software,buys a license and have a new user-interface build.Their licenses never include improvements of the original software (a blunt example is the Aquarium-screensaver),so they imho only change the "version-number",and sometimes (parts of) the interface.
When you have free software from them (I've had 15+) you get bombarded with mails "to upgrade":enough for me to call it spam,
though you can turn it off too.
At the moment they put all their programs on giveaways like http://sharewareonsale.com/shop
but one should be very careful in picking software on such sites:they force you to immediately install it (I always test in virtual boxes/machines before installing normally),so it's worth to find another clean download for the same program+version,and only use the KEY from the giveaway site to activate it.If the KEY doesn't work:abandon it.
Giveaway-sites are an excellent choice for software company's to introduce their (new)software to the world,and build a quality reputation.
A good example seems to be Aomei,a Chinese company with quit good software like Partition Assistant (pro 5.5),Backupper,Dynamic Disk Manager that imho are better&with more functions than EASUS or Paragon versions.
But always have a good defence,as software may have a "governmental backdoor" build in,so I never let them communicate over the internet fi for "automatic-updating",a method that is also exploited by hackers:use a program like Winpatrol to block any attempt to install autostart elements like "search for updates":that can always be done manually!

An interesting way of installing unknown software on your machine is "Altiris(R) Software Virtualization Solution(TM) 2.1",
that puts ALL alterations to your OS/machine in a special file,and allows you to switch software off,without the need to remove registry-entries or other stuff related to the programs,and switch them on "when needed or desired".
But that is abandon-ware(for opportunistic reasons:bought by competition?),and involves a learning curve how-to!
Maybe "someone" didn't like the fact that you could exchange "installed" software with other Altiris users?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I've had years of experience with ashampoo,and had to conclude it is a temporal solution till you find better stuff.
My advice is to NEVER buy any "upgrades" -as I did-,because they never really have improvements on the free versions.
In essence ashampoo is a pure marketing company,that scans the world for acceptable software,buys a license and have a new user-interface build.Their licenses never include improvements of the original software (a blunt example is the Aquarium-screensaver),so they imho only change the "version-number",and sometimes (parts of) the interface.
When you have free software from them (I've had 15+) you get bombarded with mails "to upgrade":enough for me to call it spam,
though you can turn it off too.
At the moment they put all their programs on giveaways like http://sharewareonsale.com/shop
but one should be very careful in picking software on such sites:they force you to immediately install it (I always test in virtual boxes/machines before installing normally),so it's worth to find another clean download for the same program+version,and only use the KEY from the giveaway site to activate it.If the KEY doesn't work:abandon it.
Giveaway-sites are an excellent choice for software company's to introduce their (new)software to the world,and build a quality reputation.
A good example seems to be Aomei,a Chinese company with quit good software like Partition Assistant (pro 5.5),Backupper,Dynamic Disk Manager that imho are better&with more functions than EASUS or Paragon versions.
But always have a good defence,as software may have a "governmental backdoor" build in,so I never let them communicate over the internet fi for "automatic-updating",a method that is also exploited by hackers:use a program like Winpatrol to block any attempt to install autostart elements like "search for updates":that can always be done manually!

An interesting way of installing unknown software on your machine is "Altiris(R) Software Virtualization Solution(TM) 2.1",
that puts ALL alterations to your OS/machine in a special file,and allows you to switch software off,without the need to remove registry-entries or other stuff related to the programs,and switch them on "when needed or desired".
But that is abandon-ware(for opportunistic reasons:bought by competition?),and involves a learning curve how-to!
Maybe "someone" didn't like the fact that you could exchange "installed" software with other Altiris users?

My advice.
There's no need to buy any software except for business purposes. There's always a free alternative for home user.
That's why I started of sharing giveaways couple of years ago. Everyone could build up an excellent config with only free software.

onesimus

Jan 28, 2014
BoraMurder:I partly agree with you:
there are very rich resources for free software,without the "nuisance&risk"-factors of giveaway sites,
like Gizmo's http://www.techsupportalert.com/
and http://dottech.org/best-free-windows-software/
that also gives decent test reports of its free software.

Best "giveaways" come from (for me mostly German) magazines:
they give normal KEY's for product-sites downloaded software.
A nice site for these giftKEY's and giftKEYS from software company-sites (or hosted software downloads):
http://www.techno360.in/

A good site for checking for new releases&updates and fast downloading is MajorGeeks:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
with good comments on disadvantages of the offered programs:a lively community!

Nice also for Windows are the newsletters from WinSecrets,and their active Win-problems forums
http://windowssecrets.com/

The most trustworthy Giveaway-site for me is from Glarysoft:
http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/
because I think they select their giveaways carefully,as wrong decisions reflect to the reputation of their own software!

Generally with giveaways:ONLY use the KEY in the downloaded packet and wipe the rest of the content!,
download from regular download locations preferably from the makers site!
Google (or better:use ixquick metasearch engine!:https://ixquick.com/do/mypage.pl?prf=ad02517917070e8a64b1f1835b3abf50 )with program name+version+download
Does the KEY NOT work:abandon the software!
Hackers also use "Free Special Versions software" to infect your system with malware,or even ransomware!
They wait some weeks,so you can't refer it to the installed software!

Take care&be carefull!

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
BoraMurder:I partly agree with you:
there are very rich resources for free software,without the "nuisance&risk"-factors of giveaway sites,
like Gizmo's http://www.techsupportalert.com/
and http://dottech.org/best-free-windows-software/
that also gives decent test reports of its free software.

Best "giveaways" come from (for me mostly German) magazines:
they give normal KEY's for product-sites downloaded software.
A nice site for these giftKEY's and giftKEYS from software company-sites (or hosted software downloads):
http://www.techno360.in/

A good site for checking for new releases&updates and fast downloading is MajorGeeks:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
with good comments on disadvantages of the offered programs:a lively community!

Nice also for Windows are the newsletters from WinSecrets,and their active Win-problems forums
http://windowssecrets.com/

The most trustworthy Giveaway-site for me is from Glarysoft:
http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/
because I think they select their giveaways carefully,as wrong decisions reflect to the reputation of their own software!

Generally with giveaways:ONLY use the KEY in the downloaded packet and wipe the rest of the content!,
download from regular download locations:preferably from the makers site!
Google (or better:use ixquick metasearch engine!:https://ixquick.com/do/mypage.pl?prf=ad02517917070e8a64b1f1835b3abf50 )with program name+version+download
Does the KEY NOT work:abandon the software!
Hackers also use "Free Special Versions software" to infect your system with malware,or even ransomware!
They wait some weeks,so you can't refer it to the installed software!

Take care&be carefull!
The only paid software you will find in my config is Windows (from DreamSpark), ESET Smart Security (Softpedia Giveaway) and FL Studio (which I paid once a and have a lifetime upgrade).
Any official MT giveaway you can find here is mediated with cooperation between MalwareTips and direct vendor of the giveaway. So there are no tricks, deceives, spams, rogues and similar. You enter the contest, if you win, we give you a license. Simple as that.
Any other giveaway you can find here is providing you with direct links to the giveaway site (for which we are not responsible) and if available with direct links to licenses or official installers.
You can find a lot of tricks found by myself here on MT how to avoid bundled installers came from GOTD, Glarysoft, Daily Software Giveaway, SharewareOnSale and similar giveaway sites. All keys are extracted and can be used to activate desired software even when promotion period is over. SharewareOnSale is giving such a marketing trick. They wait until some giveaway is over, in meantime pick up installers or keys and then promote their own giveaway with the same method and for taking such offer they ask you to make an account on their site. I am into avoiding that crap.

Every software that can modify your system settings is marked with a red note saying to user what that software can do with their systems and aware users to make a backup of important files or system restore point in case of disaster.
Note: For your PC safety, it is recommended that you create a System Restore Point and backup important data as these kind of software can modify your system settings, registry and files.
This will help restore your PC to an earlier state in case something ever goes wrong in the future.

Every software that has bundled toolbar or similar is marked with a red note saying to user :
This program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run.
These may include a toolbar, changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs.
Please watch the installation carefully to opt out.

We are not responsible that after some time specific license for external giveaway doesn't work.
And I will not recommend the users and members to abandon that software just for that.
That's why any thread on this forum is opened for discussion.
The more of us, the better and smarter we are.
We are MalwareTips, a security advisers , we don't want to share something that will eventually do a harm to any member of this forum. And if users do want to use some risky software, they are properly warned.

Thanks ;)

Reactions: onesimus

onesimus

Jan 28, 2014
That's a GREAT posting/statement:ready for the Giveaway&Hot Deals Front Page!:cool:
I'm new here,so a bit cautious?
Hope you like the links in my post...:rolleyes:

I'ld love to see reviews/tests or analyses of free -or temporally free- software (or links to them!).
Fi I got a 1year license for Bit defender 5 months ago:I suppose it's OK,because I do system drive checks with other stuff regularly,
and it's still clean as a whistle.
But it's a black box,and I can't see or change anything.
I get an HTML-report every month,and once it said:blocked two malware pieces,but I can't see any details.

On another disk I have a different system-setup with Comodo total:it's great and completely transparent:
I can change every little setting and get reports of it actions.It takes time but is rewarding!
Bought the paid version when I read a test were the detector found ALL the malware,instead of the usual 98/99%.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.