Advice Request Auslogics?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I have been told(on this Forum)that the only safe registry cleaner is Auslogics Registry Cleaner, is that 100% true, I am asking because I recently purchased Auslogics BoostSpeed 12.
And before I clean my registry with this by the way outstanding Cleaning/Tweaking Software, I just want to be safe rather than sorry? :)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I never heard anything about Auslogics until I saw it in your config tbh. I often read good things about the CCleaner registry cleaner, but registry cleaners ain't worth using in general imo. If you compare the possible outcomes it should be pretty clear that registry cleaners are not recommended. It's either the chance of damaging your system or getting a slight performance boost. I wouldn't risk that if I were you. :confused:

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

I never heard anything about Auslogics until I saw it in your config tbh. I often read good things about the CCleaner registry cleaner, but registry cleaners ain't worth using in general imo. If you compare the possible outcomes it should be pretty clear that registry cleaners are not recommended. It's either the chance of damaging your system or getting a slight performance boost. I wouldn't risk that if I were you. :confused:
They are a German software company. They have been selling tune-up software for quite some time and were selling a Bitdefender rebrand at one point.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of that back in the days. The biggest improvement from defragmentation was always seen after Tune-UP Utilities.de software, now part of AVG/Avast. Anyway, the days of defrag are gone (almost).
I have to admit that I'm still using a third party software for that matter cause I trust the company behind it and due to the fact that they offer a defragmentation option specially designed for SSD's without damaging them. What are your throughts?
Slightly drifting away from the actual topic, but as we are talking about optimization software... 😄

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
Oddly enough, I've never used a registry cleaner. Even more oddly I've never had problems related to the registry, including slowdowns or anything else. I've always considered registry cleaners to be somewhat of a con, trying to convince people they need to use one. But that's just me.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

I have to admit that I'm still using a third party software for that matter cause I trust the company behind it and due to the fact that they offer a defragmentation option specially designed for SSD's without damaging them. What are your throughts?
Slightly drifting away from the actual topic, but as we are talking about optimization software... 😄
SSD optimization involves just running a TRIM, so it doesn't matter who will run it. It is an SSD-firmware procedure. As for HDD optimization, I have never used O&O.
Also, why @FireHammer needs to clean the registry with Auslogics, when BD has a built-in registry cleaner?

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
SSD optimization involves just running a TRIM, so it doesn't matter who will run it. It is an SSD-firmware procedure. As for HDD optimization, I have never used O&O.
Also, why @FireHammer needs to clean the registry with Auslogics, when BD has a built-in registry cleaner?
I do not trust Bitdefender to take of anything other than my security, besides it erases all my logins, so that is why. :)

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Auslogic is just about as safe as Ashampoo Winoptimizer and Kerish Doctor and Hibit Uninstaller (Which also has registry and junk cleaning) . I have used them all. But I prefer to use Wise disk cleaner and Hibit Uninstaller manually when needed and nothing extra running as what the first three I mentioned are big about doing.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
They are a German software company. They have been selling tune-up software for quite some time and were selling a Bitdefender rebrand at one point.
They are Australian, which is why they chose the name Auslogics.
Founded in 2008 in Sydney, Australia, Auslogics has grown into an
industry leader in the production of computer maintenance and
optimization software for Microsoft Windows®.
Hi, I have been told(on this Forum)that the only safe registry cleaner is Auslogics Registry Cleaner, is that 100% true,
Their registry cleaner is safe to use and always has been. It's even safe to enable the categories which are unchecked by default. However, many years ago, if you had the check for Missing Software enabled, it could cause issues. Using Auslogics Registry Cleaner won't cause any problems. But, as with any registry cleaner, it's highly unlikely it will fix any issues with your system or make it run faster. If you are having issues with your system, running Tweaking.com's Windows Repair is much more likely to fix them.
So I am right to assume that registry cleaners/maintenance software has improved over the years, I have bad memories from when I had Windows 7, but that is 8 years back in time? :)
They have improved a lot. Many years ago, cleaning the registry with some badly written registry cleaners, could result in an unbootable system. I even had it happen on my own systems a couple of times. However, despite the improvements, 99% of registry cleaners will sometimes delete needed registry keys. Doing so won't cause enough damage to lead to an unbootable system these days, but can cause other problems. As a result, just about every registry cleaner ever written, should be used with caution.

Even CCleaner's registry cleaner, which is widely regarded as being safe, has minor issues with false positives. This hasn't always been the case, but it is with recent versions. Although in the past, letting it delete empty software keys could cause problems, but it shouldn't these days. Wise Care 365 (and Wise Registry Cleaner), which I see used and recommended by a number of people here, also has minor issues with false positives. But, its optimisation and junk cleaning features are safe to use.
I've been using AVG Cleanup for quite some time with no issues. I've used Auslogics in the past and haven't had a problem either.
The registry cleaners in both are safe to use. In many years of using TuneUp Utilities/AVG Cleanup and Auslogics Registry Cleaner, I've only ever seen one false positive from each product.

The following registry cleaners are all safe to use.
  • Advanced SystemCare (unless you enable deep scanning in the Pro version, but this is disabled by default)
  • Auslogics Registry Cleaner/BoostSpeed
  • AVG TuneUp/TuneUp Utilities
  • Fix-It Utilities
  • HiBit Uninstaller
  • Kerish Doctor
Vit Registry Fix also deserves a mention, as for the most part, if you don't enable its deep scan, it doesn't have issues with false positives. Every other registry cleaner - with just a few exceptions, has issues with false positives.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I don't use registry cleaners anymore,but when I did the safest one was Wise disk cleaner.
A few others borked the registry
One more thing, avoid the "deep scan" feature found in some of these cleaners;)
Oh, and make sure you backup your registry before cleaning

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.