Av-Comparatives: Real World Protection (NOV)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Av_Comparaitives.png

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php

Edit: Added Link

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
WTG
Trend, BD, BG, Kaspersky, GData, and F-Secure!

Ahnlab is doing better but still eh...

I still wish Microsoft and Symantec were in these test this year :/

maaster

Level 1
Aug 5, 2012
If you had given the link to AV comparatives it would have been helpful..

How comes Bitdefender always gets 100% in all AV comparatives test???

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
maaster said:
How comes Bitdefender always gets 100% in all AV comparatives test???
Not always but most of the time.
Bitdefender is really good when it comes to protection and detection.
I would use it but I always encounter some type of tech problem when I use it.

P

Plexx

maaster said:
May be they woud have some inside connection with AV comparatives...

Debatable but one cannot forget: don't fully trust such results.
Always take it with a pinch of salt.

Nevertheless, BD/Kaspersky for example are known for high detection rate, but I would not consider BD as a top protection performer. I would instead say Kaspersky has far better results in prevention/protection compared to BD.

Still quite happy with Comodo anyways:) As long as one know how to prevent infections, any solution is doable and will perform well.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Something must be wrong with these tests. Trend for the past couple has been up the top :D Good to see my AV of nearly 7 years is doing well. :)

maaster

Level 1
Aug 5, 2012
McLovin said:
Something must be wrong with these tests.

Are you saying this because you were shocked to see your AV (trend micro ,I assume) is performing well:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well, have not seen Trend up there so many times in a row, so they must be doing something right :)

maaster said:
Are you saying this because you were shocked to see your AV (trend micro ,I assume) is performing well:D

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
I am proud to see that BD is on top, among others, because it's a Romanian product and I am from Romania. :D
This being said I am quite happy with my CIS nowadays.

D

Deleted member 178

Webroot performs very well even if it need more users input than others.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
McAfee and Panda didn't do that well though.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Quite a few strong performers, TM up there with the usual suspects lately, Avira seems to be quietly clawing its way back up.

Umbra Corp. said:
Webroot performs very well even if it need more users input than others.

There was a discussion on another forum after a round of AV-C tests about the user input related behavior. It was suggested by a Webroot representative that if you don't act on the popup within the specified timeout, it will be auto-blocked. I haven't tested it myself and if that's really the case, WRSA does look pretty good indeed.

There's also the question if changing the settings to minimize the prompts would affect the interaction? Idea for another WRSA review on MT?

Attachments

• WRSA Settings.png
    WRSA Settings.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 431
D

Deleted member 178

NathanF1 said:
There was a discussion on another forum after a round of AV-C tests about the user input related behavior. It was suggested by a Webroot representative that if you don't act on the popup within the specified timeout, it will be auto-blocked. I haven't tested it myself and if that's really the case, WRSA does look pretty good indeed.

True, also you can set WSA to block automatically

There's also the question if changing the settings to minimize the prompts would affect the interaction? Idea for another WRSA review on MT?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Nah no insider. If you see Bitdefender also tops many other test. Kaspersky is a long term performer. But as I said once if you tweak BD it will become as agressive as threat fire.
The settings have to be maxed out. If you max KIS you sometimes can notice a drag. BD stays light always.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.