AV-Comparatives AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test Jul-Aug 2023

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
First time I see Avast/AVG acing it and first time I see Kaspersky which used to always lead the pack fall back so much.
But look at the Feb-May comparisons, Kaspersky was flawless. I imagine these tests can vary from month(s) to month. F-Secure still has the high FP's, it has always had an issue with those going back 10? years or so. Many of them are truly FP's but still, it would be nice if one day they could tighten that up.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
First time I see Avast/AVG acing it and first time I see Kaspersky which used to always lead the pack fall back so much.
This is not the first time Avast has surpassed Kaspersky and others. Avast since Norton bought it, it is another antivirus. And the change from the icon to the speed of detection is very strong.
ouch, that's one of the most bloated security solutions in the world. Enjoy.
What do you mean Bitdefender is Bloated? Greetings.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
good purchase, in my opinion Bitdefender is the best antivirus, I even think better than Kaspersky(y)
For me Bitdefender, Avast and Kaspersky are the 3 best AVs that exist. I uninstalled Bitdefender because they put more processes in ram and my machine doesn't have that much ram :( . I would like them to lower the processes. Avast has fewer processes. And kaspersky has a compatibility problem with Riot Games.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I don't trust Avast, Kaspersky or F Secure may be better.
According to this article, they are more transparent, along with Bitdefender and the others.

privacy.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

@all members bashing AV-comparatives

They have to many quality seals (they have the most out of all professional lab testing organizations) I know for that you don't (just to name one quality certificate of AVC) an ISO certification when you are not transparent and have predictable, repeatable processes in place. AV-comparatives not publishing their processes to the public does not mean that their approach is not checked and certified. Also many Universities have ties with AV-comparatives. In the academic world there are also requirements and regulations how research is performed.

The fact that their results may differ from youtube testers, does not dis-qualify their testing method.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@all members bashing AV-comparatives

They have to many quality seals (they have the most out of all professional lab testing organozations) O know for that you don;'t (just to name one) an ISO certification when you are not transparent and have predictable, repeatable processes in place. AV-comparatives not publishing their processes to the public does not mean that their approach is not checked and certified. Also many Universities have ties with AV-comparatives. In the academic world there are also requirements and regulations how test and research is performed.

The fact that their results may differ from youtube testers, does not dis-qualify their testing method.
I agree, it's another resource to use to compare along with others testing and findings.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

AV-Comparatives... Do I need to remind you why you should never trust it? :)
Yes please, substantiate your opinion with facts, how do I know you don't manipulate your videos. It are just videos, anything digital can be manipulated. How scientifcal is your (words of Cruel Sister) gang-bang approach in testing Security Software. How often are consumers faced with 1000 malwares at once? How close does your testing method resembles real world situations?

Be a sport, I applaude your tests, I like to watch them and I really value you making them, but your test don't improve in quality nor credibility when bashing AV-C.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.