Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
In the closing stages for the product of the year 2017, let's see which antivirus (free/paid) has the best GUI (Graphical User Interface) according to you.

Note1: Post screenshot of the antivirus for others to see.

Note2: This is not a thread for your favorite antivirus, but the one that has the best UI according to you, no matter how bad the software is!

Note3: If you don't have a favorite UI you can also post your own representation of a UI in an antivirus modeled by you.

T

TrinitronMSDOS

360 Essential for sure. Simple, effective and clean interface, easily clickable links, unlike in most AVs, which require you to point and click.

Settings have check boxes, but the whole message is clickable, so it still applies. I just find the whole GUI adorable overall. :love:

I've never tried this AV. The UI is indeed very good. Looks fun, yet remains professional.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Despite how much i love ESET product and GUI, i will have to choose Emsisoft's here. It's the most clean one, and the one that allows the novice user to most easily find what you're looking for.

My vote: Emsisoft

Reactions: bribon77

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Emsisoft is the most beautiful, most useful, most straightforward UI I have ever seen. Not just for tech people. It's great for beginners too. And you can see the Behavior blocker in action.

Every AV vendor worth their reputation should take notes especially Microsoft lmao. It puts even the next best UI (360 Total Security in my opinion) to shame. They should all be ashamed for continuing a design philosophy from last decade Xp/Vista era (looking at you Trend Micro). Only EAM seems to understand that one of the biggest hurdles to using AVs is the UI and they solved it by making an amazing behavior blocker that does all the thinking for you, that way they could eliminate all the stupid little settings that plague AVs so that you can look at a simple UI. Designed for widescreen displays, tabs, no need for back/Apply/Ok buttons, no dumb effects like Eset NOD32's notifications fading out, no ridiculous context menu entries. Less is more.

Only thing EAM could need to really put the icing on the cake is allow users to drag and drop files into the EAM UI and it would scan the files/folder. Then it would be idiot proof. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.