Battle Avast Free, Kaspersky Free or AVIRA Free?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

And you never cherry-picked or altered samples for AVs to particularly fail? Please. :D It was also obvious in Ophelia's worm saga. :emoji_ok_hand: Viewer is not deceived that way?

My choice as well would be a Kaspersky Free, and as @ForgottenSeer 58943 mentioned a while ago, privacy wise, it's almost telemetry-free, which is impressive for a free AV.

Last edited by a moderator:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
David- My compliments on a perfect post! Perhaps it is time to call a spade a spade:

1). I totally agree that K is the perfect solution for those Home Users wanting a traditional AV. No question about it. And this is coming from the person was the motive force behind the anti-K on Governmental systems movement [with the help of like-minded friends with the Boots on the Ground (she states mysteriously) a number of years ago]. Although I'm no longer in the Service and so can't gloat all that much, I feel that the K Enterprise ban recently mandated is the greatest accomplishment of my life.

2). It is no great secret that I ALWAYS cherry-pick (I prefer the term "careful selection", but whatever...) the samples that I use in my videos. I did this because I had knowledge of the potential deficiencies of the product highlighted in the video and awareness of the specific malware needed to demonstrate that weakness. This was not done to be in any way deceptive, but instead to make the both the users and product authors aware of these deficiencies and to do so in the most efficient way possible. Among my (very) few viewers were the product developers, and I can say with pride that companies like K, Q, C, and SB have made modifications to their applications due to the flaws being pointed out, thus benefiting the end user.

Also, just running a bunch of samples (and being falsely surprised by the outcome) would make me a reviewer, and I don't do reviews.

3). When I cannot find a current sample to highlight what I want to highlight I do allow Ophelia (nasty cat!) to code the malware for me. I am not capable of such things myself as I am Kind, Gentle, and Innocent.

My intention for the past 3 years of videos was never to deceive, just inform.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.